Tuesday, December 28, 2004

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

Well, today was a VERY eventful day on the deployment front!
I found out that we are going on orders Thursday the 30th, and we'll leave in the as the new year starts! WHOAH!! I guess we're in a rapid deployment force now! I have a deployment ceremony on Thursday evening and we'll be training until we head within 5 days to our Mobilization site. So, I realize that I am not ready to leave yet, and the things I had planned for this week are out the window. I guess that is the way things work, and I've gotta suck it up, but I have got a ball of anxiety in my stomach that won't go away. I've gotta get the things in order that I had planned this week and try to get them done tommorrow. Needless to say I'm scrapping any open house I had planned, and will do it with whomever shows up at the ceremony, but the lack of information in this process, and the communication in the ordeal is horrible! I'm pissed about that, because I feel there should be people in my chain that look out for soldiers, and spend more time getting info., than waiting for the phone to ring! I look out for mine! Now, I understand the info. is coming from a higher power. Not God, but Washington D.C., so by the time it gets to us, it doesn't do our families any good to get a proper send off!
To me it seems that like it's the holiday season, and a lot of people are on leave, so I hope they enjoy their leave, I'll see you when I get back, and thanks for looking out for my family! Whatever!
Anyways, I'm military wise ready to go, but I don't know if I'll forget to dot the i's and cross the t's! I guess I'll know in short time!
In the meantime, Dwight, I don't think you and Rod will have the chance to get me toasted, like you told my wife, but maybe you can make the trek to the ceremony!
Hopefully I can post a more upbeat message tommorrow, because I am only whining today! Forgive me!
Later,
Erik

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,

Heard from your Aunt Martha that your dates had moved up - did anybody get the name of the truck that hit me! First I'll say thank you - to you and your bride and kids for giving of yourselves. Our freedoms take sacrifice and I appreciate you're stepping in. For my part I can pray - for you, your family, our service people, and for the end to this war - I shall do that - and often. God bless and God be with you.

Your Uncle Rob

December 29, 2004 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C