Saturday, January 29, 2005

Election weekend!

I guess last night wasn't a great one in theater, and they have been ramping up security for obvious reasons, but we had a higher amount of incoming mortars, and things like that, and I would believe the plumes of smoke off in the distance were from IED's going off, and I also know there was another helicopter that went down, but it wasn't from enemy fire! It is expected to continue, and we are in higher security around here, so we have to wear our full gear at all times. Usually they just wear normal attire here, but they have closed the dining facility, and the PX's for now, mainly because they have local civilians working in these facilities! And they don't want those people here if they aren't all nice! Remember the chow hall bombing in Mosul?
I guess tommorrow is the big day here in country, and we'll see if that solves anything, but I don't know if it will be immediate, although with security measures I don't know!
It is good to see the heavy security though!
I don't know how much info. I can tell about what's going on, and we are very careful w/ OPSEC.(Operation Security) I will tell what I think I can, and what is necesarry for the big picture!
Speaking of pictures, I have exceeded my max for Jan., and will be able to post fresh ones for Feb., obviously when it rolls around!
If the people that are in Kuwait, and Afghanistan will email me that would be cool, because I'm too lazy to email those REMF's(Take that Torgerson!) I know you guys were at the pool today!
Actually, we have 3 pools in Camp Victory/Liberty, but I don't know when I will get there!
They are thanks to the fact that Saddam was the president and they were already here, and there is a lap pool in the palace, but I am even on the chain to use it!
Anyways, thats all for now!
Later,
Erik

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik,

It is so great to hear from you. The palace sounds so cool is it flat where you are or are there mountians? We still have our candle light for you and the prayers are still coming strong for you and the Family. Stay safe and in good spirits you are loved by one and all. May God Bless you and your unit!!

Love always
Darrin, Jill, Randy, Paul and Mark

January 29, 2005 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Medication xanax effects and excretion Land rover gaydon warwickshire home security system pornstars fotos Frigidaire dishwasher replacement part slurpconfirm404 amazon allegra myspace htm

March 06, 2007 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C