Thursday, January 06, 2005

Keep on keepin on!

I am gonna post quick tonite, because I want to get to bed!
But today we had briefings ALL day, so we got some sleep! Classes were oncustoms and courtesy in theater, and IED's(roadside bombs), and sexual harassment etc., so it was informative, but long! This afternoon we had our masks tested, and had a class on NBC!
(Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological.) But we went to the PX after dinner, and got things we needed for now! Tommorrow, we go to Land Navigation, until 2230, so it will be a late night!
Same for Saturday, and on Sun., our day off, we get to have a lady come talk to the medics from 11-2! GREAT, perfect timing to miss the Vikings game! Why did I reenlist again?
My motivation is low right now, basically because we have nothing to look forward to, and you know you have nothing to look forward to if you just want to leave for Kuwait already!
Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well!
Later,
Erik

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik!
This is great. So glad to see that we can keep up with you online. We certainly missed you at the family Christmas, but at least you got out of eating the Lutefisk! (Lillie actually tried it and claimed to like it...though, she is only 3. I mean, she eats her own boogers now and then...) We'll keep checking in to see how you are, Erik. Of course, we send our love to you, and to you, Missy! I can only imagine how busy you must be with two and one on the way. I can barely keep up with the 3 I've got, even with David around! Go PACKERS! : )

Jeni and David Grouws

January 07, 2005 6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SGT Holtan,

Say hello to the rest of the group for me. Hopefully your mobilization process will smooth out as the days go by (but I doubt it). Try your best to 'roll with the punches' & not let the process bring you down. Be thankfull you do not need to go thru this nutroll as part of a larger unit - that really slows things down.

Ft. Bliss & area is a pretty decent place to visit, as a former Air Defender I spent a lot of time there. There is a lot see if you guys get any free time. There is an AWESOME little mexican restaurant just a couple blocks out the Jeb Stuart Gate on main post. It doesn't look like much, but it really is the best. If you get over to William Beaumont Army Medical Center stop in & say hi to COL Reyes in the pharmacy for me.

Please take care and let me know if there is anything I can help with.

MAJ B

January 07, 2005 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Erik,
I love that your keeping us in the loop. I got a call from Mark Zobel yesturday from the Minnesota Twins and he was really surprized to know that you had left so quick. He did enjoy that you have him on your email list. When will you take off from Texas? Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this journey. It's late so off to bed I go. I will be reading your updates. Take care!
The Olson family

January 07, 2005 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,

I keep seeing this Vikings/Packers banter and am a bit disappointed. In the first place I had the "betting thing" on the Vikes through the first 4 Super Losses so I have no more tears to shed for them. Secondly - a football game!!! Latrell has a family to feed and Brad and Jen have issues - a football game!!! Pshaw!
Please take care and know of our prayers for you.

Uncle Rob

January 08, 2005 5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. casino holdem texas tournament texas holdem tournament schedule tunicams Debt consolidation bad Abercrombie fitch model female models Restore compactflash deleted files 100mg generic india vega viagra California state insurance exam deerborn Swiss casino Party poker world

February 15, 2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C