Sunday, January 23, 2005

Kuwait!

I finally am here in Kuait, and I will say it is VERY overratted! I am at Camp Doha, and all I heard was that it was good, but I think the fact they are closing this down soon, and the fact that most of the people here are only here to process up north to Iraq!
Oh, speaking of Iraq, that is where I am headed for this deployment, which is a stark contrast to where I was supposed to be in Kuwait! But what are you gonna do!
I could be tough and say that I don't mind it, but I'm an honest guy, and I will not pretend that I am not VERY nervous! Anyways, I am also getting sick of hearing people that are leaving here that just got down from Iraq, telling us the things they saw! Because it makes you even more nervous, because it doesn't seem so distant! The system they have in Iraq for the post deployment health assessments is screwed right now, so we want to change it to make more sense, and to not have us fly to so many Forward Operating Bases and get shot at! Which is where they go now to be technical support for the units that conduct PDHA's for their people!
So, somehow, I went from being a medic to being an IT guy with a different job!
I call it COMBAT IT!!!! They are going to start giving out the COMBAT IT BADGE soon!
Kidding!
Anyways, I won't say any more about that!
Kuwait itself, I would have no idea what is like cuz I haven't seen it! Camp Doha in the area I'm in looks like a warehouse district of any suburb, but the difference is you live, eat, play, and shop in the warehouses! Not that bad I guess, but the difference in people, and mindframes here is large! Just because you have people who just got back, and people who haven't left yet!
I will try to update as time permits, and believe it or not, it will be easier in Iraq to access internet, because it will be part of my job!

Later,
Erik

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik:

I'm reading this as I'm heading out to Sunday church, so I won't say much in this comment. But you can be sure that I will spending a lot of time praying for you.

Take care!

Tom Pearson

January 23, 2005 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do great!! Know that your support is here at Arifjan and anything you need we will get it to you. You are in our thoughts and prayer!
jtorg

January 23, 2005 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Erik,

You are in our thoughts and prayer. We are very proud of you and know that God will be with you all the way. You are on the board at Church so that others can pray for you and your family. We love you lots.

Mom and Dad Skillings

January 23, 2005 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Erik,

You are in our thoughts and prayer. We are very proud of you and know that God will be with you all the way. You are on the board at Church so that others can pray for you and your family. We love you lots.

Mom and Dad Skillings

January 23, 2005 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik, Thanks for sharing your trip and also your innermost emotions as well. You are in our thoughts and prayers every moment of the day..We very much trust God will answer our prayers and keep you safe. All our love. Dad and mom. P.S. Tomorows I.V's are for you!!!

January 23, 2005 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik and Missy,
Ryley prays for you every night at the dinner table. His prayer goes, "Bless Erik, Amen. Bless Missy, Amen Bless Hunter, Amen Bless "Mason", Amen." Then it usually gets repeated about 10 times. It is very cute. So you see, you really are in EVERYONES prayers.

Ryan

January 24, 2005 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik dear, as I watch you stare your fear in the face, I am amazed at your inner strength and also your willingness to be human. Your most faithful partner on this journey is the Lord, followed by about a g-zillion of us here at home who think about and pray for you every single minute. I know you feel all of our support because you are sending it right back to us.
You are our teacher and this is a class hanging on your every word. Thank you.

I love you very much.

Anne

January 24, 2005 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik dear, as I watch you stare your fear in the face, I am amazed at your inner strength and also your willingness to be human. Your most faithful partner on this journey is the Lord, followed by about a g-zillion of us here at home who think about and pray for you every single minute. I know you feel all of our support because you are sending it right back to us.
You are our teacher and this is a class hanging on your every word. Thank you.

I love you very much.

Anne

January 24, 2005 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,

Dwight and I like reading what you are up to during this interesting time of yours. I pull it up and print it our for Dwight, doesn't know how the computer works yet. We just wanted you to know that we think of you and your fellow comadres often and send out a prayer for you. Faye and Dennis ask about you often and I keep them up to date. She sends out prayers too. Stay safe in your interesting journey.

Love Amy and Dwight

January 24, 2005 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

March 07, 2007 5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Latino frat Orgy sex group Hot sexy teens fucked hardcore feemovie clips Pamela anderson y tommy lee Voyeur pic post free Small penis forum Teen group sex party Gay penis galleries Adam asian blacks on blondes dogfart

May 09, 2007 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C