Another Day, Another Dollar!
Well , today was another of the same ol same ol that I'm sure we'll have a lot of in the next year.
After helping some of the people we're attached to run some errands, I am finally getting this new software downloaded into our computers to update the Post Deployment Health Assessments for Iraq! They are using it in Kuwait and Afghanistan already, but I guess they were hesitant to use it, for whatever reason I don't know, but we have to do these assesments on 10's of THOUSANDS of troops, and our old system is like Atari used to be in video games.
I guess I seem to be the person to be handling the installing! I guess someone thinks I'm an IT wizard! That is fine with me, because at least I already understand it, and I don't really have to concentrate on learning it! Sorry for talking shop, because I know most people don't have a clue what I'm talking about. The soldiers, within 30 days of leaving, have to do the assessments to leave country, and we have providers that interview them based on what they put in the assessment, and they will get treated back in the states if they have issues, both mentally and physically. If they report these AFTER they get off deployment they are out of luck, because they said they were OK when they left! Well, we have hundreds of Palm Pilots they enter their info. on, then we upload all the soldiers on our PC's and send it to a database! I guess it's the process that makes it difficult, but with the new system, it is easier and faster for sending and recording info. !
We go to the sites the outgoing units are at and kind of are the support for the equipment and knowledge, since the soldiers own providers are actually performing the assessments!
There is a lot of logistical planning for us, because right now there are hundreds of little bases set up across the country! Some big, and some REAL small! Should be seeing LOTS of Iraq by helicopter! I'll take pictures!
Weather was a bit warmer here today, and it felt good! You really can't get better weather than right now, but talk to me in 2 months and I will reevaluate that statement!
Hope everyone has a good day!
Later,
Erik











8 Comments:
Hey erik-
I was in at the unit today and saw your family- Missy looks great as always. She looks like she is just barely prego. hard to believe she is due in four weeks! Glad every thing is going ok for you over there. Stay busy over there (it helps the time fly by) and remember to drink your coffee!! We miss ya- Michelle, Pete and Ireland
Hey Erik,
That's quite a process. Are the guys really forthcoming about their problems or is there -- as all of us guys have -- the sort of macho "I can handle it?" It seems hard to believe that PTSD wouldn't crop up six months after they got home or something.
Hope things are well over there. Good to hear someone's looking out for our guys and gals.
Hope you won't find yourself doing too much software troubleshooting. I'm considered the newsroom's expert on Microsoft Word because I've screwed up so many times I know where all the secret commands are buried.
All the way,
Mac
(Bryan McKenzie, Charlottesville, Va. The former Gopher.)
"Hi" Erik,
We want to thank you for keeping us up to date on what is happening on this journey you are on. Everyone tells me that it is exciting to read your postings. It sure makes you seem a bit closer to us and not so far away. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
We will be going to the Go Fish concert with Missy and the kids. We are looking forward to that. Take care and God bless.
Love Always, Mom Skillngs
Wolfe,
Did you do PDHA in Kosovo? I know you are covered by TriCare for awhile when you get back, but that is for the medical treatment. Even though the VA might allow you to get coverage, there are going to be A LOT more people getting back from this mission in the middle east, than in the Balkans, and there are tons more injuries and illnesses fro this mission, therefore increasing the number of denials. If I come home, and say I'm fine, and then 6 months later I get resperatory problems, and never said I was breathing oil vapor for a year, they are not gonna cover you, because you could have started smoking in between, and they will say THAT is the reason you have problems! Kosovo wasn't war, it was vacation! Just colder!
Kosovo and Bosnia weren't wars, but I don't think those that were away from their families for 6-10 months would say it was a vacation, especially those in KFOR from Echo and Charlie who were in country 10 months, over Christmas
Excellent, love it! http://www.acnelasersurgeryacneinc.info/Clinical_data_management_online_courses.html Free pre paid cellphone service plans Medical records management courses in canada adult sex videos and endlessley Monet estate jewelry http://www.1999-gmc-safari-window-problems.info/how-to-get-paid-from-debit-cards.html
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
This is very interesting site... wigo coffee maker World wide kitchens Microsoft access training class 20 Nacktbilder der sauna Pornstar scope Botox injection skin treatment mambo dance costumes best flat panel under 300 kelvinator ice cream freezer depakote+dosage Carlson craft wedding invitations discount Cuisinart coffee maker part saeco coffe maker Proactiv medication acne ingredients semen Boise idaho wireless plans Instant download fresh bulk email list Cialis cegueira Table tennis cool
Post a Comment
<< Home