Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Dinars a plenty!

Toady, I finally finished up my project for the SGM here, and I will say, I have been under quite stress in doing it! I had to make a phone book for ALL the major units IN THEATER! Man, it is hard to find out who they all are w/ out having secret clearance. But he has been on me to get this done since Fri., and he sent it higher to the general, so I hope I weaseled my way out of that for now! I really shouldn't be doing that kind thing for a SGM, but he asked, and I guess your not supposed to say no! It did take me off my mission for a couple of days, but now I need to focus on that!
We did some research on the Iraqi Dinar today, to figure out if we should by some currency here, and hope when this becomes a booming country like Kuwait, we'll be able to buy a palace, but I don't ever think this country is going to be booming. Only because of the fact that there is a lot of hatred amongst different groups in the regions here, and not Dem/Rep hatred, but religious hatred, that if we, and when we leave it to themselves, they will probably fight more!
Not unlike Isreal, and the PLO! We'll see, but it might be cool to try something like that! Some people think it's a good idea, and some people don't think it will do anything!
I will say it has been wet here since we got here, and when I say wet, it rains a couple times a week. When it rains around here, EVERYTHING gets muddy, and it builds up on boots, in buildings, and everywhere! When I go to take a shower, by the time I get back to my room, I've got an inch of mud on my flip flops! Sticky! It is cool today, in the 50's, and it's sunny, but it feels like an early fall day! Still not too bad, but I'm glad we have heat in the trailer!
I forgot to mention on my wishlist that I need Caribou Coffee, Either, Guatemala, or Costa Rica blend ground! I can't get away from the Carribbean!
Today, we also got our new patches to put on out uniforms, so we take our Red Bull off from MN, and put on 18th Airborne Corps patches, so I guess I'm Airborne now! We are attached to them in theater, as part of their Surgeon Cell, and they are from Ft. Bragg NC! They're pretty cool, and we get along good w/ them so that is nice for all of us!
Keep checking out the site, and if I don't update it, it's because I'm gone, or sometimes it won't let me log into my blog, it goes to somebody elses account. Today, believe it or not, I logged into a blog that was titled HUGH JASS!!!! No kidding, and that was funny as heck!
Oh, and I take back all that SPC Ernst stuff from the last post, because she gets it now!!!!!!!
Later,
Erik




Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C