Stop your crying!
Yeah, I was talking tomyself there, and I don't want to keep the crappy posts up for awhile! I guess I just have to realize, there are some people here for others, and some people here for themselves. Like Bush said, you either with us or against us! With all that whining I was doing yesterday I forgot to update my travels on the way to the IZ! We flew to dowtown, and its only about a 5-10 min flight from Victory, but cool nonetheless. They picked us up a little late, but they were waiting for dinner and then on the way back to our FOB we ate at the Al Rasheed hotel, at their chow hall. Now it is not just a chow hall its a restaurant. Good stuff, and better even than Victory chow hall, which is suppose to be the best! Anyways, Al Rasheed is the hotel where they filmed all that stuff during the 1st gulf war, in the night sky seeing all the rounds fly! It also was the place based on the movie Live From Baghdad / Micheal Keaton, where they were recreating that night! They have lots of little shops there, and it is a pretty decent hotel, for Baghdad of course! But today we were at another palace , and the former Baath party HQ, which is by far the most damage area, based on big buildings! I took some pictures of some HUGE craters, and climbed into some of the wreckage! Long day today, and I think I'll hit hay in a little bit!
Later,
Erik











4 Comments:
Erik, it's YOUR party and you can cry all you want to! I wanted to be the first one to break the news about Randy but I see Martha beat me to it. He was colorful but I'm afraid his time is up.
There's a shower for Missy on Saturday at your house and I'm having so much fun buying little pink things. That baby is so fortunate to have a daddy who is a part of history, helping to make the world a safer place. Thank you, dear one. I love you.
Anne
"Hello" Erik,
We love it when you don't fake your feelings. You are a great joy to all of us and we miss you alot.
I'm trying to get my things done for Living Stations, so I can be ready to go to the hospital at any time Missy calls. We'll make sure Kendall sees a picture of her daddy first and then she can see the rest of us. She will be so proud of you.
We are also busy getting ready for the shower on Saturday. It will be fun to see all the cute little girl things. We want to bless that new little girl and her Mommy & Daddy.
I will be getting Ryley, Caleb and Ashlynn ready today to go to Madison's school to see her play. Ryley is so excited!
We went to Josh's school yesterday for conferences. If he works hard these next 4 weeks, he could graduate April 7. That would be really great for him.
You should be getting a package from us soon and also you should be getting a package from that Catholic school (St. Joe's) in Lino Lakes. I just saw the teacher Paula and she said the kids in her class were so excited to make you up a package. I sent a picture to them of you and you family, the teacher made a cope for all the student in her class and they toke the picture home so they could pray for you every night. How cool is that? God is so good!
God Bless you with peace. We love you and miss you.
Love Always, Dad and Mom Skillings
It looks like it's family post day. Erik, you deserve to whine anytime you want to. As Martha said there is nothing like a good whine/wine now and then. Though if you do start getting your period - I will be worried. Just like everybody else I too am getting ready for the baby shower. Madison is going to help me with the games - we are planning on having a lot of fun. Don't worry you won't be missing anything - because you would not have been invited anyway.
We all miss you. It really has been very nice being able to communicate with you and get a peek into the daily life of a real American Soldier. We are all very proud of you. Samantha enjoyed getting the email from you. She is especially proud of her God Father and can't wait to give you a big hug. (I am sure you will still have to peel her off of my legs - the princess is so shy)
Have a great day and stay safe. We will be waiting to congratulate you on your new baby girl very soon.
Love you lots,
Tammy Petersen
More palaces, hotels with swank restaurants, quick 10 minute flights.....
I'm in the Middle East, but where the heck are you Geraldo?
It sure doesn't sound like Iraq.
SGT Mason is on her way here and should arrive tomorrow, the 26th. Now I can have a reprieve from having to listen to CPT Eggers' whining. Mason can do the listening from now on.
You actually sound busy and that helps pass time, but don't get complacent and let your guard down. Stay safe!
CPT Yost
Post a Comment
<< Home