Wake up blues!!!!!!!
This morning it finally hit me for the 1st time, and I think some of you might figure out what I'm talking about. I had a mission this morning at 6am, so I set the alarm for 4:15, and thought that won't be that bad! Well, I was in the middle of a nice down home Minnesota dream about I don't know what, but it was one that I was fine being in at least. Well, then the alarm went off and I awoke to a beautiful trailer! Well, needless to say, it wasn't the best thing I could wake up to!
I guess it's one of those things that usually you have a nightmare, and you try to wake up, but this one was the opposite. I am living the nightmare and I want to go home! Well, it's not that bad, but maybe it will make my wife feel missed! So that was something that I probably haven't had the felling of since basic training! Sometimes it's easy to pass time here, but sometimes you can't help but to look down the road, and see a long ways, and it makes it tougher!
I think this mission I'm on is gonna suck some times, and some times be good, because we're not busy all the time, but in the military, and especially under some leaders the down time, and the slow periods can be the worst! Some leaders fill the time w/ bogus things to make people look busy, and think things are being accomplished by doing this! If people don't know, I HATE micromanagement, and we have people that do that here, and some that don't. Well, they don't mesh! I am 33 years old, and sometimes you feel like, even though your an NCO, you feel like a 18 yr. old private! I don't need people to tell me how to do every little thing, especially when you don't know your head from your ass! I don't know everything, but when somebody teaches me something for the first time, I pay attention. I also am not trying to be a hero here, and am not trying to look good for my NCOER's, and for awards! Our mission doing PDHA's is a great service to the people over here, but it is as unorganized, and political, as anything I've ever seen. The problem is there are higher ranking officers, and NCO's that are leading this goat, and the lower NCO's and enlisted one's are the people w/ the most vision and unselfishness! Way to go! I will follow them anytime!
I'm sorry if that sounded negative, and it probably is, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles! And you know, it could be better, but it ain't that bad!
I have to vent and I might as well tell everyone!
I guess I knew from the moment the day started, I wasn't gonna laugh all day!
Hope for a better tommorrow!
Later,
Erik











1 Comments:
"Hi" Erik,
I wanted to let you know that a class at a Catholic grade school has taken your name and they are putting together a box for you. Their teacher is in my Bible Study. Boy, am I getting old I can not rememeber her name right now. She said her class was excited to have your name and I also gave them a picture of you, Missy and the kids.
It's sounds like you could use a big hug, so I'm sending you one. We sure do miss you alot and we always say lots of prayers for you and all the other men and women over there.
Stephanie, Ryley, Caleb, Ashlynn and I had lunch with Missy yesterday. It was fun to be together and of course we talked about you.
I hope and pray that today is a better day for you.
Love Always, Mom Skillings
Post a Comment
<< Home