Will you be my Valentine???????????
I'm going to take this time to ask my lovely wife, what she asked me in an email yesterday!
WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE????????????????
There is no one else I would want it to be! I will be yours!
Also, today is my mom Shirleys birthday, so I want to wish you a happy birthday also! I hope you didn't think I'd forget! I hope you have good day!
Also, everyone else that wants to have a happy Valentines day, I hope you do!
I really can't add much to what I put into yesterdays post, although I wanted to add that I am putting 3 new pictures on the link so go take a look at those! They are some sweet views of the palace and my on the inversion table! You'll see what I am talking about! The palace views are of the night they had the lights on, which they never do, but they had the change of command for this rotation, and they lit it up! It looked sweet! Also, the sky view of the palace was taken by LTC Spears, and it is a great shot of the area! I will keep it up for a day for security! It is too good of a area map, and I don't want to give anybody any mortar targets! And I'm not saying which building we work out of!
I hope everybody has a good Vday!
Later,
Erik











7 Comments:
Hey Erik those Pictures were great.
You are missing the weird Minnesota weather. We were up near 50 Friday and Saturday then Sunday it was 33 raining then turned to snow. Wet, thick, heavy snow. I am not looking forward to shoveling but is supposed to be 40 today so I hope it will melt off.
I check your blog everyday mulitple times a day.
Ryan
By the way I offered to take Madison and Hunter to the St paul boat show and they looked at me like I was nutz.
Hunter asked what do you do there. I told him you can see all kinds of boats, fishing, ski, jet ski, pontoon.
His response was I have already seen a pontoon. My grandma and grandpa have one.
That made me smile.
Ryan
Erik:
There's a lot of news here about the election results and formation of the new government. I heard a Sunni on the radio who lives in Philly. He was born in Mosul, and he said that there were reports of fairly significant voting among Sunnis in that region. That's encouraging.
Santana is signed for four years and the Vikings are being sold. The NHL is probably cancelling its season tomorrow morning and Kevin McHale fired Flip Saunders and has taken over as interim coach.
Are you playing racquetball over there?
Tom Pearson
Hey Erik,
Thanks for keeping us up to date. I also view your sight everyday and enjoy your pictures very much.
Nothing really exciting happing up north, the fish aren't biting and the snow is melting. I did have a huge bonfire on Saturday night with 40ft flames, wish you could have seen it. Anyway, thanks for everything, and keep sending us news and pictures.
Darrin
Happy Valentines Day Erik,
We hope you know how much you mean to us. The love that you give to our duaghter and grandchildren is a very special thing. They are very blessed to have you in their lives. The love that you have for each other will get you through this time of being apart. So, we pray that you feel the love sent your way.
We loved the pictures, it is awesome to see the palace lit up.
Thanks for sharing those with us.
Love Always, Dad and Mom Skillings
Hi Erik, Happy Valentine's Day to you! I think of you so much and love your posts as do so many people. I have friends around the country who log on every morning just to read about your life over there. We love your candor, your humor, your pictures, description of the area and your great writing.
Missy and the children are so blessed to have you as you are them. You are a beautiful family and I love you all so much.
I have my first day teaching ESL tomorrow and I'm sure I will learn more than the students!
Maybe you'll get the ton of Valentine candy I sent in time for 4th of July! Meantime, here's lots of love,
Anne
Erik,
Missy told me about your website and to check it out. What great pictures and also enjoyed reading your posts. Alyssa and I had a nice dinner with your family last night. We will do whatever we can to take good care of them. Mark is doing pretty good at the shoveling, hopefully we wont get anymore. Wishful thinking! Alyssa was at the armory for school last week, she saw a flag with your name and was proud to tell her friends she knew you and why you are over there. I'll check back in with you later.
Jodi
Post a Comment
<< Home