Sunday, March 27, 2005

Here comes Peter cottontail.........

I don't know if that is an Easter song or not but Im going with it! It is Easter Sunday here in Iraq, and I just got done with my Easter feast, and I am stuffed! I had the traditional holiday fare, like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, but I added primed rib, shrimp cocktail, and cake to the meal, so I am stuffed! It was a good atmosphere here at the chow hall, and I'm sure everybody is enjoying this low key lazy day! I am still suffering from jet lag from my trip over, and I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep, and considering I went to bed at midnight, I could use a good nights sleep, but it will get back on schedule soon hopefully! It is hard to go to bed early now, and now that I have my Gamecube, I have to get practice, so it's even harder to get to bed. Last night I was going to get to bed early, but I got back to my room, and swept, and mopped, read some newspapers that were sent to me, played some games, watch King of Queens that was sent from my parents, and fell asleep easily, only to wake early, watch more King of Queens, and play games. I started my run at 8am, and only got a little ways, because my legs were so heavy, I was not in the mood, and I was tired! I'll try again tommorrow!
I spent about 2 hours opening packages, and mail on Fri. night, all from when I was gone, so it was nice to have a lot to open when I got back! Thanks to all who sent things, they really help our spirits here!
I hope everyone has a great Easter, and even though in MN, the weather is not as good as here, where it is about 75 degrees, and clear! A very nice Easter day, other than the fact that it is Iraq!
Later,
Erik

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
Happy Easter to you too :o) Glad to hear you got back alright. It was great to see you while you were here. What other games would y'all need for your Game Cube? Gotta run as Mocco is tearing it up in the kitchen..he's totaly Mark's dog..only 4 lbs but into extream puppy sports! Check ya later, Peace be with You. Tei

March 27, 2005 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy Easter" Erik,

We missed you today at our Easter get together. We remembered you in our prayer. Everyone loved holding Kendall.

We are so grateful to God for getting you home for the birth of Kendall. Your presence gave great joy to your family and renewed to strength to face the months ahead. It was great to feel the peace and joy that you brought to that hospital room when you entered. What a party that was. It was a true gift from God.

I know Missy will send you lots of pictures of Kendall, Madison and Hunter as they grow and change. We want to say thanks for being such a wonderful husband to our daughter and great dad to our grandchildren. You are a gift to our family and we are very proud of you.

Please stay safe and never forget that you are always in our prayers.
I will continue to ask Charlie's angels to watch over you.

Love you lots, Dad and Mom Skillings

March 27, 2005 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Happy Easter" Erik,

We missed you today at our Easter get together. We remembered you in our prayer. Everyone loved holding Kendall.

We are so grateful to God for getting you home for the birth of Kendall. Your presence gave great joy to your family and renewed to strength to face the months ahead. It was great to feel the peace and joy that you brought to that hospital room when you entered. What a party that was. It was a true gift from God.

I know Missy will send you lots of pictures of Kendall, Madison and Hunter as they grow and change. We want to say thanks for being such a wonderful husband to our daughter and great dad to our grandchildren. You are a gift to our family and we are very proud of you.

Please stay safe and never forget that you are always in our prayers.
I will continue to ask Charlie's angels to watch over you.

Love you lots, Dad and Mom Skillings

March 27, 2005 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik,
You know the weather is starting to pick up around here. It was almost 60 for easter. Hope yours was good, It sounds like the food was. i emailed you some pictures let me know if you dont get them.

March 28, 2005 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . .Oops
Ryan

March 28, 2005 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,

Happy Easter Monday! It was almost 60 degrees here today and it's supposed to even be better tomorrow. Then we will go back to the 40s and 50s for a bit. I just watched a Wolf Blitzer special on pictures from Iraq. It really does look like an interesting country and I looked for your face among the soldiers he interviewed. They sounded very positive about the progress that is being made - what a contribution to history you are making!

Love and many prayers,

Anne

March 28, 2005 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik,

Happy Easter Monday! It was almost 60 degrees here today and it's supposed to even be better tomorrow. Then we will go back to the 40s and 50s for a bit. I just watched a Wolf Blitzer special on pictures from Iraq. It really does look like an interesting country and I looked for your face among the soldiers he interviewed. They sounded very positive about the progress that is being made - what a contribution to history you are making!

Love and many prayers,

Anne

March 28, 2005 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at your newest pics. I love the one with Hunter picking his nose. You will need to save that one for his highschool girlfriends
Ryan

March 31, 2005 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP 2005 bentley gt Blowen en zithromax Enterprise rent a car arrecife ebony transexuals2fohio transvestites Pictures of leprechaun running http://www.highspeedisp6.info/serra-sewickley-academy-basketball-location.html Lipitor drug classifications http://www.lipitor-sexual-side-effects.info/erectile-dysfunction-clinic.html Royal elastics womens slip on shoes the game of paintball Bentley and roll royce cars for sale uk Australian contact lenses retail College research paper on diet pills

March 03, 2007 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Glory holes for gay men in northern virginia free tenchi hentai Free sex pictures anime porn hentai Booty i like sexy lexi http://www.ratings-of-mattresses.info/proponents_of_eminent_domain.html http://www.credit-reports-9.info/Mercedes-a140.html Cartoon sex movies that play on wmv No supplements vegetables Pregnancy blood pressure porn anime magazine water bed motel brooklyn ny

March 05, 2007 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C