Red, White, and Crue!!!!!!!!!
Well, I have been pretty lazy on this leave, but this weather is killing me!
It is sunny, but cool, alright COLD! So going outside has been a fleeting endeavor, but we are suppose to get a little storm tommorrow night, so that will be cool, as long as it melts within a couple days!
I am going to add that I went to the Motley Crue concert on Mon. night at the Target Center, and we had floor seats, so that was something I have wanted to do for a long time! For anybody that knows me, and my geeky side, and my livin in the past side, they are my all time favorite group, and to see them again up close was sweet! Thanks for going Rod, and I'm glad it timed out the way it did!
Anyways, I have a week left before I take the trek to mecca again, so I will try to enjoy it, although Iraq is always on the back of my mind! It is so far away, that it seems like a different lifetime, and like a dream, yet it is still VERY fresh, and right around the corner! We are having our PDHA roundup for the whole team starting the 18th, so I will miss seeing everybody for the first week, and all the festivities(face painting, games, cakewalks, etc.) But I will be there the second week, and I know they all can't wait for me to come back! Speaking of cakewalks, I haven't heard from most of the people in Kuwait and Afghanistan, so I miss the hard times I am able to give them! I do appreciate the congrats we have recieved via email, flowers, phone, and in person. I'm glad to see that we have such great people taking care of my family when I am gone to Iraq!
I also want to thank all the school groups who have had their kids write me letters, and send me things in theater. I know I might have more groups that have stuff waiting for me, so I will name them when I recieve that stuff. I did get a HUGE box from the Hope Group in Perham, that had goodies in it, as well as tons of Beanie Babies to pass out to children, and after we sold most of them on ebay, we passed out the rest! Kidding! I know we sent some out to other units to pass out to the kids in Iraq! They love that stuff! I appreciate the groups that want to help, and if we get stuff that we don't use, we send it to the units that we know could use things! Hope everybody is doing well!
Later,
Erik











2 Comments:
Holtans
this is the Frenchy. Lots of Love from my fam to yours. Erik, hopefully you'll stop by drill this weekend.
Miss, big hugs & kisses to you & the kids.
Love you guys
Trac
Hey Erik-
Your daughter is beautiful!! It was great to see you at guards. Have a safe trip back- and be careful. Don't be complacent- your not in MN any more! The Connerys'
Post a Comment
<< Home