Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Waiting......and wishing!!!!

I know this was the title of another post I wrote, but this is for a different reason. Missy is due tommorrow, and she wants to have the baby now, so I have to tell her to have patience! I know that being pregnant is tiring, but that is overrated. I'm kidding of course!
Anyways I'll keep waiting and see what happens tommorrow. In other events around Iraq, I got back from my couple weeks stay in the IZ, and even though I liked it there, it is good to be back "home" away from home! I finally got to fly on a clear day, and not at night, because I wanted to see what it looked like around here from a birds eye view, and it is cool, but the city looks more rundown in the neighborhoods than I thought. The palm trees are getting their luster taken away, because I've seen so many of them, and I love palm trees, but these aren't as green, because of the dust in the air leaves a good brown layer on them! Nothing like the Carribbean though. I put 6 more pictures on the site, and I hope they do paint a good picture of the area. I take pictures of EVERYTHING, so nothing exciting to everybody, but I have some from every vantage point! I want to thank everybody for the replies and emails, and if I haven't gotten back to you, it's because my online time has been scarce and slow, so I have to choose who to reply to, and usually it's my wife and the hierarchy here that I have to report my status to! We also have a lot of planning to do during missions, to schedule people for the next month, because we have so many people leaving this month and EVERYBODY and their brother wants to get their PDHA's done! So we try to take care of them, and get all the details as far as dates ,and when we have to be there, and scheduling flights ad all that jazz! We call a place called Catfish Air, which schedules all the helicopter rides in Iraq and figure out ways to get where we want to go!
I also want to address my English in the posts I have been writing as I have reviewed some of my past ones, and I want to apoligise for my grammar, and misspelling. I write my posts real quick and I press publish, and send it before I proofread it, so I don't think I'm that dumb, but I think everybody understands what I am saying!
For my sister in law Tammy Petersen, who emailed me as to identifying some abbreviations we use, I will put some here so people can sort them out!
FOB=Forward Operating Base
IZ=International Zone
ABN=Airborne
PDHA=Post Deployment Health Assesment
LZ=Landing Zone
BCT=Brigade Combat Team
MWR=Morale Welfare Readiness
VBED=Vehicle Borne Explosive Device(Car Bomb)
IED=Improvised Explosive Device
HMMV=Humvee
APC=Armored Personnel Carrier

If you have any other ones I will be happy to put them up as they come up. You know that is just military lingo, and that is how we identify things, so bear with me!
Check out the new pics, and pray for my wife and kids for the next couple days.
Later,
Erik

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik, I will pray for your wife and kids AND you for the next couple of days and all the days to come!

Your posts give us the "guts" of the story and that's what matters. Great writers have editors who proofread for spelling and grammar. Tom told me the other day that you have the makings of a great book - that makes you a great writer who will have an editor! Keep it coming.

Love the recent pictures and love you,

Anne

March 02, 2005 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik - Thank you for the abbreviation key. It will be very helpful when reading future posts. I feel like a celebrity having my name on your web-site. I was a bit surprized to see you forgot part of my title. "Favorite" sister in law! I am sure it was just an oversight, but I thought it would be appropriate to make that distinction.

I am on pins and needles waiting for the new little dolly to make her debue. We will continue to pray for you and the rest of your family.

Love you lots,
Tammy Petersen

March 03, 2005 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik
Glad you are doing ok. Hope all goes well with the newest family member and I am sure it will. If you get to FOB Gabe check on Matt Wharton for me. He says he is doing ok. I enjoy every posting bad grammar or not. Keep up the good work. Jeanette from Iowa

March 03, 2005 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,
Your posts sure make us think about what is truly important in this world. We read these blogs just about every day depending on the dial-up connection speed. It can be real slow living in the middle of nowhere. I don't know what makes it so slow sometimes. I am becoming addicted to the posts. Where is Erik? What is he doing now? How is the family? I can always find these answers in your posts. Thank you for keeping us all a part of this. You and your family are amazing; all of them, Melissa, Madison, Hunter, your siblings, your in-laws, man you have a big family and it is still growing. We are really excited for your new addition. Congratulations ahead of time!

We are expecting a baby girl on July 1st. Melissa told me not to believe what the doctor says about the sex until it is here, so I am being a little cautious. However since this will be the first granddaughter in the family, she is already becoming spoiled from the grandparents. I try to tell them that the doctor is not always right, but they don't listen. Oh well.

We wish you and your family the best and thank you for the posts and allowing us to be a part of this so far away. You are a great person and thank you for what you do.

Nic and Jen Peterson

March 03, 2005 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,

While you probably don't remember me. Please know that there are people in Lakeville praying for your safety. (my bible study group as well as my family are praying daily for you and your family)

Keep your spirits high
Craig Pellin

March 05, 2005 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik!

Well Miss Kendall is taking her time, or at least I haven't heard anthing yet. I guess fashionably late will apply! There were some really cute things that she got at the shower so maybe she's trying to figure out her "arrival" outfit!

Nice landscaping job! I wonder what "La Selva" means?? It was spray painted on the "Saddam's" I'm giong to have to look that up. My mother and father send their warmest regards and prayers to you and the fam. Grammer, abbreviations, whatever...just knowing that you are writing and sharing makes this the most interesting story of 2005. Take care, hopefully my God Daughter decides to join the fun soon! Congrats for the third time, she's a lucky lady to have you and Mis as her mom and dad.
Love ya dude :o) Tei

March 06, 2005 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

March 15, 2007 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

May 09, 2007 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C