Sunday, April 03, 2005

Lazy Days and Crazy Nights!

Sundays are lazy, and actually the night are not crazy, but last night, and yesterday there were a string of insurgent activity in the area. Heard the first of many mortars yesterday since I've been back, and Abu Ghrab had an attack that injured 44 soldiers! They got lucky, but in all honesty, I think they are catching us off guard since attacks don't happen that frequently directly on coalition forces, and even I get content when nothing goes on that often! But I have to give a hats off to the guys and gals that deal w/ this on a daily basis! You should too!
I know the Star Trib guys are still in country, and have been reading their blog the papers website! We're not that exciting here so I don't think they'll be dropping by.
Tommorrow, we have a few NFL players coming to visit, and usually they have some kind of girls come around to take pictures with, like they did when I was on leave, and Warrick Dunn, and 2 others will be here! I don't really know what they are going to do! Play catch? We'll see, but maybe I can get a picture w/ them and an autograph or something!
On another note, I just wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to my dad, Skip, and say I hope you have a great day. I know that Missy and the kids are coming over to have dinner in the evening, so that should be fun!
Today, I am/was off, but I woke up, and me, and SGT G went for a run around the lake, then I came up to the office, and pretty much surfed the web, sunned on the roof, and went down and played gamecube! I came back up here to eat, and call the fam, and check email!
I did sign up for MLB radio broadcasts, so I will be able to listen to the Twins online, whether it be live, or archive the next day! That's OK, because I am fired up for baseball season, even from afar! First game tommorrow!
GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later,
Erik

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Erik (it's morning here),

I loved your pictures. I think you have a gift for landscaping.
Tim and I are busy getting ready for another REC weekend at Lino Lakes Correctional Facility (can you come home and help with bringing in the supplies again. Ha! Ha!) We have 119 men signed up to make the weekend, not all of them will show up, but we will have a big group. So, please pray for us this weekend(April 8,9 & 10) Thanks!

Missy said that her and the kids had a good time at Skips birthday party. You sure do have a special family, Kendall sure looks like you. They miss you alot and talk about when you were home. What a great guy you are and we are so proud of you and the huge sacrifice you are making. But life is about making a differecne in others lives and that is what you are doing.

God Bless and remember you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Mom Skillings

April 05, 2005 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C