Return of the Mack!
Naw, I'm not the Mack, but I am back, and it was a very interesting week. We started out last Mon. in Ramadi, and spent til Fri. We then went on a 2 hour convoy to TQ, Taqqudum, and yesterday after waiting overnight in the terminal we took a Sherpa to LSA Anaconda in Balad, and then late last night down here to Victory on a chinook. Got in at about 1am to BIAP and today I had off! But I still woke up at 10 and came up here, which I shouldn't have, but I had to get mail, and do laundry, and check email and call my wife, which was awesome to talk to her!
It is VERY different on that part of Iraq , and it is flat desert, like you would imagine Iraq to be.
Also, it is very weird, because in the middle of this vast sand and nothing are 2 HUGE lakes, that if you are flying over them look like oceans, because you can't see the other side! In either direction. Very surreal, but cool sight to see! Also, I like being in that art of the desert, because you can see for miles, but the facilities out the are horrible, and very simple, so you realize how good you have it here. It is very nice to get a break from the politics of Victory, and the officers that run this joint. People(Soldiers) out at those places are so nice and appreciative, and they put there life on the line far, far more than me and have a lot harder duty and general hardships than here. I do have a story though of how Superman made us miss our first flight in TQ! SO we're sitting in the PAX(passenger) terminal and waitinf for a C130 flight to Balad, and they are about at the time when they are going to announce it, and then all we see is this chick walk in with a VERY mini skirt on. Pretty slutty, but the marines who run that terminal dropped jaws at that point and right in front of her was Dean Cain(Superman, Ripleys B or N). He stopped and must have been getting into country for a morale visit, and she was from American wedding or somethin like that, but they were walking through the terminal, and after they left nothing happened for 15 min, and then I figured I would go ask about our flight, and I checked the board, and noticed that the flight left about 15 min. ago. EARLY! So we we're mad and Ernst called the guys at the counter out for thinking with their crotches, and not paying attention to their jobs, which does make me proud to have her in my squad! FYI, I did not barely even look at the short skirt girl, because I was enamored with Dean Cain being there! I will post new pics to my site from the trip!
Anyways, more stories later, but thanks to everybody that left posts last time, and I'm am glad I have so much support!
Later,
Erik











8 Comments:
Hey Erik,
I was told to stop getting you worked up. ;-)
Ryan
You don't get me worked up Ryan!
Idiots get me worked up!
Thanks for all your advice though, it has helped!
Thanks for being there for Kendall last weekend as well! I saw some pictures!
Later,
Erik
Well I am going to try to put the video to DVD, as soon as I get my computer back. So hopfully I can get that to work and you can see it.
Hey anything you need just let me know, i am not affraid to try!
Ryan
p.s.
It made me giggle when Steph told me I was supposed to stop.
JUST YOUR AVERAGE MIDDLE CLASS SOUTHERN 50+ GIRL SAYING THANKS MORE THAN I CAN SAY TO ALL YOU HEROES OVER THERE AND EVERYWHERE. IF ONLY YOU COULD KNOW HOW MANY AVERAGE AMERICANS ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR SAFETY AND FOR YOUR FAMILIES. THANKS ALSO FOR THE PIX OF THE COUNTRY AND YOUR FAM. GOD BLESS AND GOD SPEED!
TRISH
a certain 1SG told me you were really doing well and developing as a leader! I always knew you were good! Thanks for taking care of everyone! Doc Hale said to say Hi to eveyone when I talked to the group. ... Keep your head down!
Bruce
Thanks for the description of Ramadi. It does not sound so nice. eek! I guess one good thing, the people are nice.
So they have mini skirt girls in the desert. What a nice distraction....God Bless our troops....Cathy, Spc. Dan's mom
Enjoyed a lot! liquid vitamins Nexium buy online abcmedic lamictal bipolar disorder window awnings commercial building American express management teams Tecate miss toyota grand prix 2006 Lamictal+message+board Stream fishing in alaska Where to buy tamiflu suzuki dr motorcycles
Excellent, love it! »
Post a Comment
<< Home