Saturday, May 28, 2005

Support our troops!

I was reading in the StarTribune website that the son of state senator Becky Lourey was killed over here in Baghdad when his helicopter came under fire! My prayers are with his family.
That brings to mind for me that there are other people dying here everyday, and you never here about them, so I wanted to let it be known that there are others over here. A LOT of others, that are not fortunate like me to hae a great family and friend support system. There are a lot of organizations who are only around to help people like me, which is weird, because I really don't NEED anything. Nonetheless, they send prayers, packages, and items to soldiers they don't even know, and I think that means SO much to us when we get things from people we don't know! Especially when the person doesn't get much mail from home. These organizations don't ask for a lot of recognition or press, but only rely on their work for attention. Believe me it gets noticed. Just like the crappy people we realize we associate with when we go on deployment away from our comfort zone, and people who only think about themselves, you find out the true meaning of friendship, family, and faith. I know now more of who I can really count on in life, and the ones I can hope for a bird to crap on their head. Anyways, I didn't mean to be negative, as this is suppose to be about a positive cause. Here are some of the groups that are our favorites, as we hav some how or another been helped by them directly:

bluestarmoms.org
militarymoms.net
treatsfortroops.com
soldiersangels.org
operationmilitarypride.org
appreciateourtroops.org
anysoldier.com
operationgratitude.org

I give you these sites in hope that you will go to them and sign a person you know that is deployed, not including me, to get taken care of. Or if you have it in you, go out and help however you can, as I know lot of you have asked what can you do! Well, I can only give you what I know, but these places are the greatest out there and I know we actually get aken care of by them! So please, keep EVERYBODY over here in your prayers and we ALL thank every one of you that support us and have helped our families! And for those of you that only put on a show! May birds crap on your head!!!!!
Take Care and thank god for what you have in the states!
Also, this memorial weekend say a prayer for those who have fallen for you!!!
Later,
Erik

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
Just keeping you and the other soldiers in my thoughts especially this weekend. We get the day off tomorrow, but you don't. You're all hard at work protecting my freedoms. Thank you. I'm sorry to hear that there are friends/family that have let you down. That's tough to hear because we're all entitled to our opinions but we are supposed to take care of our own no matter what. You (and when I say you I mean you and Miss and the kids) have been presented allot of challenges thus far in your journey. I think you have both made good choices, taken into account what your family needs and wants are and most of all have done what you are doing out of love and service. I digress because I could go on and on. I didn't go to IA this weekend because I am getting the house picked up and ready. We've only been here two years but man do we have allot of stuff! Well here's your blog back. I just wanted to say hi and thanks and stay safe. I am really proud of your accomplishments, and of how you stay true to your heart. Mil gracias hermano, Tei

May 29, 2005 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you to everyone who is/has served our country so that we can enjoy our freedom!! To quote G.I. Joe. The REAL. Amreaican Heros!!!
Thank you so much!
Ryan

May 30, 2005 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik-

We are so proud of you! And the numerous soldiers fighting and defending the world in the name of "Freedom". I went to a service on Thursday and the pastor spoke of "living beyond yourself". He asked how many missed opportunities have you had in your day to SERVE somebody else?" You have chosen to SERVE your Country, your fellow service people and the people of Iraq (just to name a few) You daily put aside your interests for people you have not seen or may never meet. You are a hero to so many of us here at home and I am sure there are many in Iraq who would love to have the opportunity to say "Thank You!" as well. As you continue your service to others, may you know that you are thought of and prayed for everyday. You are loved and we miss you every moment you are away.

P.S. - I hope that a bird does not crap on my head!

Love you lots!
The Petersen's

May 31, 2005 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erik -

Sure thought about you a lot this weekend! It was wonderful to hang out w. Missy and the kids for a couple of days - Berit and Harrison especially loved being w. Hunter and Madison again. But things just aren't the same without you here. Lots of family gatherings in the next few weeks - but there's always a void without you there. Thanks for all you are doing. We don't say it enough - but we are so grateful and proud to have you protecting us. We'll do all we can for all who fight for our freedom. Thanks for the direction!

Jess

PS - got crapped on by a bird on my morning walk..... think it's a sign? :)

June 02, 2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

October 27, 2005 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.

November 06, 2005 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! video editing schools

March 16, 2007 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C