Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!
Today is Fathers Day, and there is nothing like being here for it! Yeah right!
Well I was at BIAP late last night to pick up somebody, and when you go to BIAP it is always in the middle of the night, because barely any flights come in during the day, and when they come in at night it is fast and furious! So when you have people coming in from uwait you never get a time, because they are not told when they are going to leave there. You end up going to BIAP and checking on the board for incoming flights, and right now 10th Mountain Division is going home, so it is like a refuge camp over there. Tons and tons of soldiers, all waiting for flights, either in or out! And during the day it is very hot sitting out on the concrete, and the tents are just stifeling. I really hate going to BIAP and seeing that, because it sucks waiting like that, but you don't mind getting somebody out of there cause you know what they are going through!
They actually do have commercial flights going in and out of the commercial side of BIAP now, which you could say is progress, because there haven't been ANY flights from their civilian wise since Saddam! Although they are not going out of coutry, and to other cities in Iraq, it is good to see that side of the airport used for civilians! They have a lot of old Iraqi Airlines planes just sitting on the other side of the airfield, and I always wonder about this 747 that has been just sitting, and can't wait to see it fly again. It probably needs a lot of work, as it is half dusty from the last major sandstorm. I was talking to somebody last night about the way Iraqi people view this situation now, and there is a mixed bag. Some Iraqi's say they were better off when Saddam was in control BEFORE the 1st Gulf War, because they were a richer country, and the doctors, and lawyers, and professionals made good money, and the Dinar was worth alot. Others, and those are probably the blue collar types, and business owners like it now because they have better opportunity to not have somebody like Saddam regulating what HE wanted or didn't want! We'll see, and sometimes I ride fence on what our outcome is here, because everything is staying the same as far as insurgents! Also, I wonder if we pulled out of here would those same insurgents see that any success they had here and try to bring it over here just because they hate us. I hate to say it, but I think that we are a magnet here for terrorists, and they can do more damage here to us, and if we weren't here, where are they gonna do terroristic acts? I am just saying that we have been, and continue to be lucky when it comes to foriegn terrorist attacks in the US! And in all honesty, it is the liberal movements fault as to letting too many foriegners in to live in our country for ANY reason. They stand by the mantre of Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave, and we don't exclude anybody! Well, at some point there has to be a limit as to how many and who gets to live here, in the US that is!
Anyways, sorry for that off the beaten path subject, but I have not thought about US politics for awhile, so it all came back to me for a second!
So it is Fathers Day, and I hope Dad, and Tim that you have great days, and all the others like us that have little chitlins have a great day. Back to my Biap thing. I was back about 1, and that was a boring Sat. night, and then up at about 10am. Came up here to illegally download music, then wrote this! I don't know if it is illegal or not, as there are NO laws regarding those type of things in this country, and I can get new release movies BEFORE they hit the US, like Star Wars which was hot here before it came out! Granted they are DVD's of a videocamera from a theater somewhere, and some are OK quality and some not! But they cost about $3 so it is a god deal! We also get full series of shows, and I know the full series of Sex and the City is huge with the ladies! Never saw it though! Smallville is huge with the 20 somethings, and of course there ids no series that I like they ever have, and I usually order it via Colombiahouse then they get it here! Oh well!
Well, all dad's have a great day, and I want to thank my beautiful children for making me the gifts, and they are awesome! Thank you for being my children! I will look at those things every day! Thanks to all the family members that signed a message on the banner. It was cool to see messages! Mis, thank you for getting the kids to do it!
Everybody have a great day!
Later,
Erik











1 Comments:
Hay Erik
Happy belated fathers day. Give my love to all the dad's over there also.
You're missin' a crazy AT.
Luv yuh
Frenchy
Post a Comment
<< Home