Keyword: HONOR!
Good Morning All!!! And before I begin todays important lesson, I want to say we had a sweet sand storm last night, and we had just gotten back from picking up the cats I had mention in my When The Cats Away post and it instantly became a sand blizzard at about midnight, and I had my PT unifotm on and my legs were being sandblasted, when I got back to my room my clothes were brown as opposed to black and gray. And my hair gave the new meaning of sandy blonde, as it was really SANDY blonde!!! Cool to have something like that to happen because it does get kind of repetitive being just hot and sunny everyday! It is nice to spice it up!
OK, for todays important lesson we are going to talk about HONOR. It is an Army value also, and I take it definition both from the TRADOC Army definition, and from MerriamWebsters Dictionary, it has 8 definitions in the dictionary, but the one I want to convey is the one that most people use in their lives, and that would be Honor is a keen sense of ethical conduct. Honor is living up to your personal values. It starts with being honest with oneself and being truthful and sincere in all our actions! We can build upon yesterdays lesson of Selfless Service by saying that pressures comprimising Honor and challenging our ethical reasoning can include self-interest, peer pressure, pressure from subordinates, and pressure from superiors. Lets take our fictional character Pat and give a good example of honor. Pat has a good job at a good company, and like in yesterdays lesson Pat uses Selfless Service to make decisions in the job. Pat knows what the mission of the company Pat works for, and Pat knows the customer is the reason the company is in business and the intent is not to make it the most profitable company at the expense of the customer or other employees to make the superiors look good! This is going back to selfless service! So Pat decides Pat wants to stick by Honor and not comprimise Pats personal values to make Pat or her superiors look good. The opposite of this would be Pats boss Jo's reaction to the decision Pat has made to be Honorable and go against the grain to stand up for Pats values. Jo, takes it personally that Pat has screwed Jo for some reason because surely Jo has never made any mistakes, and always has the best intentions in mind! The best intentions for Jo. Sometimes it can be hard to see what you have become when you only have yourself in mind, and you don't take time to use Honor to look back and see where you came from , and where you want to go! This could be why Pats boss reacted so negatively when Pat made her decision with Honor!
I hope todays lesson helped if you ever were wondering what Honor meant. I am trying to get my squad prepared for their trip back to the reall world, and I will use this as a crash course! Once again this is certainly not a real scenario, as I did explain yesterday there are no individuals in the real world that would be as selfish as Pats boss Jo, right?
Have a great Monday everyone, and lets party!
Later,
Erik











5 Comments:
Erik you are so creative. When you get back you should write for a TV show or something. Very good story line.:-)
Hey do you have a VCR or access to one?
Ryan
Hey the Twins took 2 of 3 from the yanks!
Ryan
Yes, Ryan I do have a VCR, and I got a video from Missy and the kids from the Mark Dayton social! It was good to see them, and actually high quality video talking to me! Anyways, you and Drock are getting it with these lessons, and I will give you a higher grade because of class participation!
What a great site »
This is very interesting site... Deuter super bike l backpack with hydration bladder Rising stars dance school new jersey Las vegas hotels frommer Virtual dentist game Camera d50 digital slr English into latin
Post a Comment
<< Home