Saturday, June 25, 2005

On the road again!

I never actually was on the road, rather air this trip, and my travels have taken me to Karbala!
It is the furthest south in Iraq I have been! I have mainly gone north and west. And most of the rest of my travel time here will consist of southern Iraq! It is about a 45 min. blackhawk ride to get here, and even though I have seen my fair share of sand and palms, and sheep herds, and cattle herds w/ shepards, I still love to fly during the day! The bad thing is you can see how poor areas are, but man, this could be such a prosperous country! If we had this type land in the states it would be used better, of course at the expense of a business trying to cash in but I'm all for that!
Anyways, I am lucky as I have always said that I get to be on the PDHA team as I get to travel to all areas. And I play a little paranoid to the rest of my team about being afraid of all the dangers of travelling, and well, I am at least really anxious, not afraid, but I have seen so much more than most people that stay in one spot. Of course not everywhere is great, well no where is great, but you know what I'm sayin!! But people take care of us when we get places. They show us the things that EVERYBODY wants to see!
Today I saw a lot of remnants of the invasion, as we attacked from the south 2 years ago, and flying south and a beautiful morning, you see LOTS of old Iraqi tank skeletons just scattered ALL over! I have great pictures from the bird, and not a lot to see from being here, but when I get back I will post them! I know when I get back I will have tons of email, so if you don't get anything, I can't check it from here!
Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
Later,
Erik

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik -

How dare you ask about froo-froo drinks... my mouth is watering! (I am going back to vote for my favorite like 10 more times though!!) AND - Long Island Ice Teas when made correctly are "not so froo-froo"!!

SGT G

June 25, 2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Stay safe Erik. I'll be waiting for the pictures...God Bless

June 25, 2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hey Erik - Stay safe! It will be interesting to see the pics when you get a chance.

I don't think of LI Ice Teas as froo-froo, either. But my choice is a pina-colada - Definitely froo-froo!!! Gimme my umbrella ;-)

June 25, 2005 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

February 02, 2007 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

February 16, 2007 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C