Thursday, June 16, 2005

Sweaty Betty!

I don't know any Bettys over here, but I sure am sweaty. We had the good ol Mercury hit 126 today, as I say we are getting used to it, and I can now say, I am NOT! This is heat like never before, and just like in MN in the winter, it is very hip to have someone say "Wait til it REALLY gets cold." I hear "Wait til it really gets HOT." Well it gets to 140 here in Baghdad mid summer, so that is only 14 degrees more! Plus, the people that say that HAVE NEVER been here in the summer!
Other than that we just got off that 4 mile walk/run tonite, and last night, and I did really get smoked by the Colonel, and the girls, SGT G, and SGT Knight! It is still in the 100's at night but the sun isn't blazing like during the day it's a good work out!
We have a going away party Sat. for CDR Fordyce, Col. Jones and Ernst as they leave next week, so it is bittersweet, because I am glad Ernst gets to go home to her family, but she is BY FAR my best soldier(Don't worry, I will say that about Garrison when she leaves) and has a great future in leadership! I hope she learned at least something from me! She is going to PA school to become a Physicians Assistant in North Cakalaki!
You know I will talk more tommorrow about the capablilities of the military, and what they are able to accomplish structurewise, and amenities wise in a short priod of time! Amazing!
Later,
Erik

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madison did a great job and she looked very cute!
You'll get it next year!
Ryan

June 17, 2005 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erik-

You would have been so proud of Madison! We were all so proud and honored to be a part of her family. She represented herself so well, she was poised, honest, BEAUTIFUL and so full of spirit! To stand in front of all of those people and answer a question on the spot - it takes a lot of courage. Her answer was Awesome - not sure what the judges were looking for but they missed their mark! I look forward to attending the big Cottage Grove Parade tomorrow. I hope you feel our love and well wishes for a Happy and Safe Father's Day!!
Love the Petersen's

June 17, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Happy Father's Day Erik! May God Bless you on your special day and always.
You mean to tell me the army makes you guys run in that heat.
Stay cool and safe...Cathy, Dan's Mom

June 18, 2005 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik,

We want to wish you a Happy Fathers day. You are a great dad. It was really nice here in Minn. and we had fun at your house celebrating Steph's and Grandma Skillings bithday along with all the Fathers. Your presence was very much missed.

Tim and I were so proud of Madison last Thursday night. She was beautiful and we sure thought she should have been Queen. You would have been proud to see the way see handled herself dancing, waking in her pretty dress and the way she answered her question. She is quite the young lady.

We pray that your gift from your kids for Fathers day will make you
smile and know how much you are loved and missed.

Love Always, Dad and Mom Skillings

June 18, 2005 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it ddr sdram 333mhz Can i drink with lipitor hairy shemale pussy phendimetrazine shipped c.o.d apple 256 mb ddr sdram m8832g a C 4300 gmc custom truck Lesabre topamax Ira tax deductions boot football Online poker no downloads game boy advanced flash card

February 14, 2007 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it buy generic tenuate medicine on line flat chested with hairy pussy Used small travel trailers vitamin supplement called red yeast rice Hentai anime manga free porn gallery N 3 acyclovir buy tenuate fugate ford Juniors swimwear tankini Capital area youth tennis outreach

March 06, 2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C