Al Faw Fo Pa!
Yeah, I don't know how to spell Fo Pa, nor can I confirm it's meaning off the top of my head, but it sounded good within the context of Al Faw!
Al Faw, of course is the palace that I work by and is on Victory! And with all the brass that cheeseballs up there they could outfit a symphony orchestra! But I will tell you a little bit about the palace itself, and I have pictures I have added from inside that might give you a feel of the elegance that Saddam used to live with everyday! First of all it is an island that sits in the middle of a pretty body of water, well it used to be til the heat came, and grew weeds!
But, in the spring it looks nice and blue like in the picture here!
So you go in and are greeted by the Saddam throne you might have seen in some earlier pics, but yo go into this beautiful rotunda that is really the highlight of the palace. It is huge and marble all over the place! The columns are just huge! It is 3 levels that you have to go up spirals staircases to access those floors. It looks like the elevators took some battering rams when we "invaded"!
But very little damage was done to the palace itself. They properly made the palace inoperable by blowing up the bridge I have in my pics archive that provided power and water and 2 bombs took care of that. Pretty effective, although that might have contributed the water pollution to the lake, in which the sewer pipes spilled into after the bombs! Oh well the carp love eating it! Other than that the hallways, and rooms are more of the same, and they pretty much look alike!
There you have a little picture of what it is like!
Aside from the palace, I got nothing today, other than I forgot to say Happy Birthday to my birth mom Anne, who I was going to mention before, but the date got away from me! Sorry Anne! For those who don't know, I am adopted and was when I was weeks old, and my adoptive parents were the greatest thing that could have happened, and I consider them my parents. Although, we met 4 years ago, Anne has become part of our family, and we part of hers, and I am blessed to have another family element of support to know! They all have been great, and Shirley(Mom) and Anne(Birthmom) are friends now, so yeah it is weird sometimes to me, and I can say I have 3 moms now with Shirley, Anne, and Barb(Missys mom)! I am blessed to have them, even though I get stressed about moms sometimes, I am lucky to have them! Happy Birthday Anne!
Other than that everyone have a great day and thanks for all the comments and support!
Later,
Erik
Update: If you emailed me in the past 12 hours before 3 hours ago our mail here was all lost, so just letting you all know! Mis, I got your email, so don't worry I am enjoying the pics ALL DAY LONG!












10 Comments:
Not at all my decorating style, but that palace is pretty awesome. I wonder how much you could get for it on the market in Iraq as compared to somehwere like say, Austin (can't you just see that sucker sitting on a huge plot of land in the Texas Hill Country?)?
Also, I just saw the pic of your son with the "chest hair"...TOO funny!
You don't find places like that in Minnesota!
Happy Birthday Anne
Three moms, you are special Erik. Especially if all three are wonderful. Pictures are great. Hope you have a good day. Stay safe.
Hey Erik!
You had a bad day the other day because you missed me, right? YOu hit the nail on the head the other day with "wannabe's" that talk tough about wanting to see some "action" against the bad guys. Maybe you've noticed also that there is a big difference in the way Guard and Reserve soldiers are treated in comparison to Active Duty soldiers. If not, just wait until end of deployment awards come out and see the double standard. Eggers just found out the hard way. (He's headed home in about 3 days)Sounds like something to write home to our U.S. Senator Coleman about, huh? I've finally begun to shrug off the losers here and just worry about myself and my MN colleagues. All that matters is us getting back to our "babe" of a wife and kids! Now, two items to address. 1. What's this about having "another 4 months left"?? That would get you home in November? We are slated to be let go from Afghanistan in late Dec or early Jan. 2. I hope you realize you have ads for Oxyclean, Women's clothing, Flowers, and Tupperware on your site? Ask if you can put a link to the MN Twins site on there.
Take care,
Brian Yost
Brian,
Hey as far as the 4 months left goes! That is not 4 months left til I am in MN. That is when I am scheduled to leave Iraq!
From then on is a crapshoot, but I am sick of the holy land of Iraq, so that is what I am talking about! I can give you the calculations via email! You should be leaving there earlier.
And yeah, I already know what my award will be, based on rank, and well rank! Unless I get shot! Then I can put a V on my ARCOM! Whatever because they give a lot of Bronze Stars to the "True Heroes" in the PALACE! I have seen people who have been in gunfights get ARCOMS with Valor! It's all about the cheesin brother!
Well, I don't really care that much about awards, although it should be based on achievements, not some rank bracket! They actually have it written in some SOP's as to what people can and can't get AHEAD of time!
I know people who have gotten ARCOMS for Annual Training!
Good to hear from you bro!
Love the pictures Erik!! Thanks for showing us a side we aren't able to see! Stay Safe!
Happy Birthday to Erik's birth mom. you are a lucky guy Erik, but I think you know that already. Stay safe, my cyber friend.
It's a few days late but did anyone notice that Erik's face painting from his early Guard days was done by Paul Stanley's makeup artist. What a lucky guy he was back then to be be in the know... Actually upon further inspection I concluded that you must have put on the makeup in the mirror, because it came out reversed from what it actually looks like, I like it though and what a memory of the past.
http://www.kissdominion.com/PLX6.HTM
Hey, what's up with not being overly excited about the Vikes, I hope you were kidding. You may have to start planning that Holtan superbowl party!
-Mark
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »
Im not as dumb as your daughter. I cant tell you, mom.
erotica young sex stories
free stories teen incest
true funny sex stories
sex stories post your
black adult sex stories
Im not as dumb as your daughter. I cant tell you, mom.
Post a Comment
<< Home