Happy 4th of July!!!!!!
Well , not the most origional title for this day but I do really wish everyone has a great summer day! And with it falling on a Mon. this year, it sure worked out well for a 3 day weekend!
I really miss those, and actually yesterday felt more like a holiday because of the Peachtree festivities! But what are we gonna do on a day like today anyways! Besides as you can see in the pictures and the backgrounds it is a little sandstormy today. Not too bad, but just enough to irritate you, and we had a reenlistment at the palace so I took some pics, and 1 had a flag, so I figured I would put it up! And I put another picture of myself for my wife because I just wanted to! I hope you and the kids have fun whatever you are doing today!
Also, to celebrate Independence Day the editor of the website http://voicepotential.org gave me an interview, and I gladly accepted it, and he said he would put it up today, so look out there for it, and tell me what you think! It is a pretty conservative site, so you liberals out there look out!
I didn't see it up yet, but he said he would today! http://voicepotential.org
Anyways, have a safe holiday, and keep up the support for us over here. I am very proud to live in a country that has such great people, no matter what people in France, or other 2nd rate countries think.
Have a great 4th.
Later,
Erik











10 Comments:
This morning started out with rain and thunderstorms but I see the sun peeking out.
Tonight will be spend grilling out with friends and then watching fireworks displays.
When they play the National Anthem, I will cry. I always do. (Especially the version where Faith Hill sang it for the SuperBowl a few years ago). I will also think of you guys over there.... and then of course I'll cry a little more, and hope that you are celebrating in your own way as well, realizing that we (as a general population) think of our soldiers constantly. Don't worry.... No one ever forgets you guys are over there.
Geeze I'm a teary eyed sap.
Erik,
Well yesterday in church - it was a combination Patriotic service and giving thanks also for our independence in Christ - I did really good with the tears...until our Pastor did his homily and mentioned the troops and of course there wasn't a dry eye in the place. But that was nothing compared to the hymn we closed with - Onward Christian Soldiers. Then I couldn't hold the tears back. When I think of our independence and those protecting it and making the ultimate sacrifice as well, the pride I feel cannot be explained in words. Be safe my friend.
Sue
Happy 4th, Erik!!
Erik, I went over and read your interview. You are one smart soldier. You answered everything so well. I enjoyed reading it.
I tried to leave a comment on the intereviewer's site, but it wouldn't let me. HAPPY FOURTH AND THANKS FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY (Cyber friend)! Stay safe my friend and God Bless America and our troops.
I am so glad I met you on the net.
Wonderful interview Erik. Stay safe and come home soon. Hope you had a good 4th in the sand.
I'm sorry some of you had problems with the comments. To post a comment click on "comments" at the end of the article. Fill in your name and e-mail (which won't be published) and the "say it" button. Your comment will be posted.
Eric, thanks for the interview. I hope we can continue to keep in touch. I have enjoyed talking to you these past couple of weeks. I spent the last hour looking at your wonderful photos. Wow!
Great interview! I hope many who read it learn something.
I haven't read the interview yet, that will be next. I just wanted to share a bit of your God daughter with you. We woke up on Monday and I told her it was the Fourth of July and she was so exited because she thought you were coming home today. Her exact words were, "We get to see Erik today?" She was a bit miffed when I told her "No". "But you said that we are celebrating the soldiers" She thought you would be here for the party. She might be a bit bashful around you (until I leave) but she thinks of you EVERYDAY!
Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!
Thank You most of all for Serving our Country!!
Tammy P
Erik,
Great interview. You(and all people serveing) were in my thoughts this weekend. Thank you for all you are doing!
Ryan
PS I got to read the letter on Sunday! What CRAP!!! Sounds like a scare tactic and harrassemt.
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home