Sunday, July 03, 2005

Peachtree for me!


Today, we had the Baghdad leg of the Atlanta Peachtree 10K, and I will say I did not win!
I was real broken up about that one. Actually, I ran with SGT Knight, and we both came in in 60:37. So I am happy because we ran the whole way, and it di not even hurt, YET!! But she fell in the first mile, because some dude stepped on her heel, so that slowed us down a bit!
I am putting a few pics on the Flickr site, and we had a pretty good morning.
And I saw that yesterday I didn't have a lot of hits, so I take that as a 4th of July holiday vacation sign. I hope you all have fun this weekend and be safe!
On another note, I did an interview with a website this morning who had read my blog and contacted me, so I was happy to do it! I will give you all a hint that it is a political website, and you might have seen my views by looking at my blog! All I can say is stay tuned and Kate, my future sister in law, you will love it!
Also, if you didn't get to look at yesterdays post, please check it out! The game is still on!
Have a great Sunday!
Later,
Erik

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Sure is mighty hot over there to be running, I hope you all drink lots of water. Stay safe and come home soon.

July 03, 2005 5:26 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

God, I think it's great that you guys keep your sense of humor and find ways to amuse yourselves. Lookslike you had fun!!

A second Stacy's comment...and BTW, a big, fat THANKS for putting your lives on the line for us. We all appreciate it! Happy 4th! :)

July 03, 2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I just said to Ron that it amazes me that you can find so many neat things to do in the midst of war. And he said (Veteran's perspective)
that when he was in Vietnam, on a gunship, they would be barbequeing shrimp on the fantail of the ship as the guns were shooting on the bow. Thanks for sharing your day with us...God bless you and keep you safe.
Hugs to you and to all who serve with you.
Sue

July 03, 2005 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SGT Holtan,
Happy 4th of July! Stay safe!
LT Gilbertson

July 03, 2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm late ... It's already July 4th where you are located!!! Wow - I can't imagine the running in that heat either. Hubby and I went for a hike tonight in 75 degree weather, and I sweated like a pig... can't imagine doing it there!

Happy July 4th! I appreciate you guys (and gals) standing out there for us ... You're all heroes!

July 03, 2005 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goof for you on the 10K. I am still working my way up to the 5K. I don't mind running, I am extremely slow and like just a simple 2 mile jaunt. Anything beyond that is work. I ran the 5K at the Arboretum and a 72 year old woman beat me. Yup! Slow I is!

Love you lots -
Tammy P

July 05, 2005 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C