Thursday, July 14, 2005

A self portrait Friday!


[U]
Originally uploaded by ErikHoltan.

Yeah, it is a little early for it, but we are leaving on a mission, and it is almost Friday here!
I thank Katy stemily.blogspot.com for making this day something that I brought to her attention!
And as far as the weapon, well, it shows you how warped our sense of humor is here. At least mine of course!
The mug is one that my kids made for me with a picture of them all!
The running joke with certain people(Tracy French) is that I am crabby before 10am, until I have my cup of coffee, and unload a duker! Well, so now all the people in the states from my unit think that is the way I am! I can assure them that I have changed! Just look at the peace/piece I bring to the mornings! As far as what I drink in that cup? Well as G twinsleymom.blospot.com will tell you that it is sludge, but when my wife sends me those bags of Caribou coffee Costa Rica, and Guatemalan blends I just have to drink it with a spoon, cause it's SOOOO good!

Anyways, since the sandstorm has delayed our travels, we are waiting for our flight to catch antother flight! I guess you could say we are travelling north to end up going south, which is counterproductive, but the way things work here! But I don't like the trave days AT ALL, because you sit and wait, and get on a flight,and then sit and wait to get on another flight, and it is not exactly Delta Airlines in that no matter when your flight is suppose to leave, it is coming from a lot of different places and if it isn't there yet you just wait! All in the middle of the night! It's cool though sometimes, because you DO get to see so many different things, and get away from the same ol same ol!
Hopefully everyone has a great weekend!
Later,
Erik

17 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Is the coffee that bad? It must be if they have to threaten you with a gun to get you to drink.
Stay safe Erik.

July 14, 2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just another caffeine addict with a weapon - Lord help us!

July 14, 2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Saw your comment on Okay Seriously's post and thought I'd wander over. Love your latrine blog, too! Stay safe and thanks...

July 14, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Damn, I wanna gun too. Maybe then the customer service lines SBC and Dell would take me more seriously.

July 14, 2005 2:12 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

OK, I was kidding. It occured to me that people who don't know my warped sense of humor might really think I was serious...ONLY KIDDING. I repeat...I WAS ONLY KIDDING...there.

July 14, 2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Don't laugh, Mama Duck! I work in Customer support - and a friend of mine had a customer shoot a computer while calling for support!!! Put a bullet right through the hard drive, he was so mad ;-)

July 14, 2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Erik - that picture just cracks me up. You look like you are threatening the mug!

July 14, 2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Great picture Erik. Be careful on your mission. Stay Safe.

July 15, 2005 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pic. I will be sure to post one on my blog later on this afternoon.

-T-
www.thegoodandbad.typepad.com

July 15, 2005 6:52 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Awesome mug... and good morning! I enjoyed having coffee with you this morning. Good Luck on your mission... see ya back here soon!

July 15, 2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Love the pic! Coffee and guns, never would have put them together :) Good luck with your mission...be careful.

July 15, 2005 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's coffee with a kick!

July 15, 2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Wow...you are getting mighty popular. I always carry a gun before I have my coffee;).

July 15, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

My first reaction was NO DON'T!!! haha .. Got to have coffee in the morning. Guns.. well you can keep them ;)

July 15, 2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger Al's Girl said...

Have a safe mission -- I love your mug!!

July 15, 2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This was absolutely the best one of the day!!!!!!

Loving it so much!

I'm glad you're hanging in there.

July 17, 2005 5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you SAY it's before 10am with THAT in your hand!!! yup & I believe you!!! right
lots of love
Tracy

July 19, 2005 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C