What was I gonna say again?
Mama Duck pinktangerine2.blogspot.comgave me an idea to let people know what soldiers could use when gracious ones in the states send over packages, and I know tons of you have asked me what we need over here, and honestly, sometimes it feels a little selfish to ask for things, even though someone has asked you what you want. I do understand though, but we really don't NEED anything. We use things we get mostly for comfort! I will give people an idea, and I know I have told certain people I would give them names and addresses, and I am waiting for them myself. It is hard to give other peoples addresses out because of security, and some people don't like to give those things out unless to close people. Me, I don't care! Anyways, first I will tell you what we gt a lot of, and what we could get less of, and what we could get more of!
NO MORE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! OVERKILL!
We get a lot of toiletries and have plenty! Plus, we can get them here.
We also get a lot of hard candy! We have plenty!
We have shelves of those things, and can't give them away! That is probably being spoiled, but I don't want peoples good thoughts go to waste!
OK, we get a lot of coffee things and we love that. Get a lot of drink mixes(Crystal Light, Koolaid) We like that! Have plenty of tea mix!
Ok these are things we don't get that often that people want, and voicepotential.org , where I did my interview at, Keith has been generous enough to start a CD/DVD collection! But we don't get those often, and people LOVE that stuff! AAFES(PX) gift cards are something we NEVER get, and have to get cash out to go there by casual pay! We like the microwave popcorn and we DO have microwaves! Candy is good, and yes it is summer, so chocolate is OUT, but soft candy is good! Merrit's coffeetalking.blogspot.com cookies that she made are good or at least look good, and we would take some of those personally! If you think you would NEED it in the desert we probably have it! Hobby, Recreation stuff is good as well! Otherwise, if you need people to send it to, contact operationminnesotanice.com, or opgratitude.com and they will be able to help you maybe distribute it! I hope that helps, and the forecast was not wrong, as it is 125 out right this minute, even though in Najaf it say 108 that is bogus! I can feel it today!
Anyways, take all that advice for what it is worth and thank you for all your support everyone.
Have a GREAT day! And if you have other ideas leave a comment!
Later,
Erik












15 Comments:
Got it.
There will be NO MORE HARDY CANDY sent to Iraq! But other than chocolate is there another kind of candy? ;)
Thanks so much for the ideas this was a great post!
Thanks for the list. I know that when my brother was there they got bloackmarket movies while they were still in the theaters. Anything I sent he ha already seen. How about books?
Oh yeah,
We buy Haji movie all the time, and they are cheap, but bootleg, and they are not always best quality! And NO, no other candy is meant to be a replacement for chocolate! Strictly a supplement! Ha! Ha! I do actually have withdrawls, because there are no more Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
Erik
Great ideas. I love to hear what they you and others really want. It sucks to send something knowing the recipient will just be disappointed. Great post. You should post more ideas whenever you get them.
hey I also noticed you main is dropping to the bottom when your page loads. Try changing your body px from 700 to 800 or 850. They will probably give you more than enough room.
Glad you are doing good. Thanks for letting us know what you guys do and don't need. I tell my son all the time, that I would much rather send something that I know he can use than to send something that will jsut ruin. Have a good day Erik.
Great info, Erik - thanks a ton for talking about this.
And I second what Jody asked about books. I have lots that I've read and enjoyed that I can share.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention the book thing!
Our MWR's are filled with books!
Full! But we barely get any magazines, and if we do it is like semi porn meaning Maxim(not bad articles, and Black Woman which is better then Black Man, but those things don't do it for me! I have an imagination! But any newer versions of ANY magazine is cool! I don't care if it is Ntl. Geo.!!! Hope that helps
DVD's! My hubby loved the DVDs (and yes he is still in the Marines. He's Active duty. He's the I&I here in Nashville.) All he wanted from me were DVD's and CDs for the IPOD.
So, I'm already working on DVDs he might want for January when he leaves for the 3rd-fing time. LOL..sorry about the f-ing..I'm just not thrilled!
Stay Safe!!!!!!
Thanks for this great list. I've been wanting to send stuff for some time but wasn't sure what to send.
Thank you for the service that you do!
Erik...
This is an awesome post. It helps a lot. My kids used to tell me what they needed so that helped me but everyone has their own taste.
I would much rather send what soldiers want - it's not selfish at all to be specific. Actually it's being very thoughtful since sending packages are a privilege and it's good to know what to pack that will be both useful and enjoyed.
Be safe friend.
Some soldiers live in primitive comditions. These soldiers don't even have a PX. They could use shampoo, footpowder, soap, body powder, mach 3 razors, toilet paper and even clothes detergent. They wash there clothing by hand. They also would enjoy some of the things Erik mentioned, like candy cookies and powder drink mixes.
God Bless al of our troops wherever they may be.
Very nice site! »
Excellent, love it! tramadol euphoria drug store 231st home builders wisconsin Difference wellbutrin sr xl Real estate and bulgaria and kiten Sony vaio lcd repair Flight cheapest flight aden Puerto rico realtors fine art digital print Verses for post wedding invitations Side effects of toprail and zocor infiniti j30 acura mdx transmission concerta contents Car tires miata Us police radar detector news 2005 Medical doctors are reluctant to prescribe percocet Kia tires home Telephone call center companies
Enjoyed a lot! Loss teenager tip weight Mucosal il-12 gene delivery inhibits allergic airways face lift oxygen Tutorialhigh risk merchant account Free mcse practice examen braindump to mcse 2003 Lightening bolt air freshener Smoothbeam acne treatment Ultram withdrawal buy now tramadol New tire for sell open bra All jobs in perth phendimetrazine Lesbian teen anal Average weight loss while taking ionamin data recovery
Post a Comment
<< Home