Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fire Warden Erik!


[U]
Originally uploaded by ErikHoltan.

Well, you are now looking at the new Fire Warden for Bldg. 5 at Camp Victory Baghdad Iraq! In other words!
"There's a new Warden in town, and his name is Erik Holtan!
Yes, I went to the fire warden class today, and passed, so I am gonna start getting this building ready for fire, or actualy we DO NOT want it to be on fire, so I should say I am gonna get it ready to prevent a fire! Well, we don't even have any smoke detectors so we should start there, and then we have to put up evac plans, have a fire drill, and test out the fire equipment. You can see I already started to test the equipment in the pictures. I found out that one was empty! Well, OK, after I emptied it.
We had to put out a mogas fire down in a parking lot. So it was kind of cool to actually use a fire extinguisher for a fire instead of using it for pranks! *Kids, don't this at home, unless there is a real fire*
In about a half hour we have our NCODP/ODP with the Surgeon Cell at the palace and I have to teach an instruction of Primary Medical Survey! No, it is not a question and answer t find out what people like most! It is a class on initial treatment and identifying maladies when treating a fresh patient. Oh, well in typical Army fashion they laid it on me last night, and didn't get methe material til this morning, and I had the fire class, so am I prepared? I don't know. I have taught Evaluate a Casualty numerous times in MN, and that is kind of the same thing! ***Update*** Class went VERY well, but sometimes around here, you don't want things to go that well, cause then you get "designated class" teacher! I would do something like that, but teaching a medical class to a roomfull of Doc's is not my clientele! They know more than me! So it is sleepy time for them! Other than that, it has been constantly in the 110's/120's here so it has been same ol same ol, and it really is not that bad out!

Has anyone seen the show on MTV called Laguna Beach? Well, I bought the 1st season, and I am a bit old for the life of high schoolers, but holy crap, I remember doing some of the same dumb ass things, and I know why parents start getting ulcers when kids get to be teenagers! And don't tell me "Wait til your kids get to be teenagers" I enjoy where they are now!
Thanks to all the new people that have posted lately, and I haven't had the chance lately to get back to people as I have been a little busier, and everyone is gone here! But it is better than Katy can say, as she has been too preoccupied with her neighborhood mayor election she has been running for in Ft. Carson! I guess it is true, in politics they often forget about the little people!
Everyone have a home run of a day!(No offense to the Twins(they barely hit any!)
Later,
Erik

12 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hey Erik...umm Fire Warden Erik,

We will always be here so you get back to us when you can...just stay safe my friend and try to keep cool.
Sue

August 03, 2005 4:18 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

They picked a good man for the job. Get it done Erik.

August 03, 2005 4:30 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Did it ever occur to you that you only have 1 head and you now are wearing too many hats?


:)


PS: Haven't seen Laguna Beach... that's what happens when you stop watching tv in 1998. LOL. But I did see an ad to buy the whole 1st season and watched the commercial. As for teens? I have ALWAYS said I can't wait until mine were teens, I was so excited for it. And people told me I didn't know what I was talking about, that I would change my mind, that I would 'see' when the time comes...

well the time has come (next month I'll officially have 2 teens) and I LOVE IT! Even with the stupidity, the hormones, the pranks, the mouthiness, the attitude and the tears. I love every minute of it.

August 03, 2005 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fire, fire, fire (in the voice of those idiots, Bevis and Butt-Head).

And the Twins stink!

August 03, 2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Congrats on the um, promotion?

August 03, 2005 7:06 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Laguna Beach Addict Here! LOL. I know...my husband says...35 and I still think I'm 22. :)

You will forever be known to me as
Mr. 12,000! I couldn't think of anyone better to fill the shoes.

Be safe. I just heard about all the Marines there and I'm sick. Just take care and enjoy the fireman hat.

Christie

August 03, 2005 8:44 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Hey,hey,hey.....Don't make me come break your knee caps.;)

August 03, 2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

So good to see real, live multi-tasking. Just be careful where you point that thing, okay? Heh!

See - you were in danger of being bored, now you have something to keep you amused!
*ducks and runs*

August 03, 2005 10:33 AM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Well I'm sitting here singing all the catchy songs with "Fire" in them, but since you can't hear me, I'll just say congrats Mr. Fire Warden!

Stay Safe!

August 03, 2005 11:43 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I have never seen the show "Laguna Beach" but it's about a 5 minute drive from my place. I love it there. I'm afraid I'll become annoyed if I watch the show and whatever goes on. lol

August 03, 2005 2:13 PM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

OK, well yeah I am a reality show freak, and Laguna Beach is starting to irritate me, because those kids are not real. They are mostly rich, and they get things handed to them! I still keep watching it though. And as far as doing so many jobs, yeah it gets to be alot and I can only multi task so much, but it keeps me busy! I also started a Blog for the PDHA's here in Iraq! For support only, and I sent out the email yesterday, and I have 12 hits from Iraq so far! Even 1 question already! So that works!
There are tons of other little things as well!
And I put the fire extinguishers where they should go and people keep moving them!
I am gonna start writing tickets!

August 04, 2005 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Cell+phone+video+conferencing+technology Work at home adminstrative and bookkeeping jobs Conferencing mobile phone video Phone number for bee sting nist time cell phone Digimax 5-megapixel digital camera by samsung acuvue toric contact lenses html Free metro pcs reverse cell phone lookup Aaa cell deal phone Backpacks with initials girls home insurance nassau Having sex with pigs

March 06, 2007 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C