I think I needed a haircut!

I have been looking a bit shaggy lately, and the last time I got my haircut I kept the top long like a mushroom, and lately it has been like a portabella! So I decided to spend my last $4 on a haircut! So I was thinking of a post today and it was gonna be a rant about religion, but yesterdays opinion post caused a little stir, and I think we'll give controversy a rest for the weekend! I decided to make it about my haircut! FUN STUFF! Here are the before and after!With gray hair and then without!
Anyways, okay, I just got told I have somebody to pick up at BIAP, so that pisses me off now!
Maybe I will talk about religion here. Most of the time we have to sit here and pic up these officers who have just flown in from some conference! Every time I am about to go do something or run an errand they call and we have to drop everything we are doing and go pick them up!
I am SICK of these primadonna officers here! Like I don't have a job to do? And then you are great with telling me your opinions on things I do, but then when somebody tells you advice, your not wrong! STFU!
Okay, I feel like making them wait, so I will talk about religion, since I "went there".
Okay, now I have a generals mtg. at 1600, so that should pretty much top it off with a cherry!
****Update: Back from the generals brief and am much better! See last weeks mtg. I got railed by the general, so I was a little skiddesh on going to these events, because everyone from my section is gone, and I have to update on our progress, but today went well, probably because I was prepared! Last week I was not supposed to say anything! But was caught offguard!
I don't make it a habit of erasing what I have written because my mood is changed, so keep reading, and see my mood changes from before!*******
So, back to religion, I only wanted to say that I have seen a lot of sites out there that have had some people that like to proclaim there religion. I think that's cool, but I am not that type of outwordly religious guy! And when I say that you might be surprised that I am actually very influenced by my faith! To me, and this encompasses everything I believe, but it is personal.
Religion to me is personal. Religion to me is an opinion! That sounds simple, and not heavy enough, well, it IS a belief, and a belief is ones personal mindframe on a subject, making that the same thing as an opinion! So, we have many different beliefs in the world, ALL who think they have the right belief, but in the end who is to judge which one is right? We all will find out INDIVIDUALLY! That's all I mean. I appreciate that poeple can be happy enough and excited about their beliefs to exclaim it to the world, but sadly, a lot of those same people try to judge other according to their religious standards! That is the main thing that makes me mad about religion, is that so many different religions judge other religions in a negative context!
Bringing their points and beliefs to be null in void, in my opinion!
Take for example the fact that I swear too often, I DO, and I have made no plans to change that! I don't really doo it EVER around the kids, nor do I use foul language in public! But it is a word!
And I don't say God in my cursing! So some people would say that I am wrong for cursing, and some would judge me cause I drink alcohol, and sometimes have impure thoughts, and I get mad at people, and I judge people, and I some think I am not doing enough because I don't read the bible on a regular basis! Well, for one thing I have VERY STRONG beliefs, I pray EVERY night, I tell my man to bless everything I have(peoplewise). I follow this path to being a happy, fulfilled man, and I don't feel guilty or anything for not being someone elses definition of "faithful"! I follow the 10 commandments RELIGIOUSLY! You cannot be a bad person if you follow those! I will GUARANTEE it! And my other biggest thing is just being a good, honest, TRUSTWORTHY, friendly person! That is my outline, and I try to stick to it, so if I swear in one post and then later in the post I tell someone that I will pray for them. (A) I will actually pray for them, and (B) Actually, I really don't care, because like I said, my faith is personal!
And just for the record, I just downloaded some brand new STRYPER yesterday so call me kooky, call me crazy, but I'm singin some christian right now! And no funny remarks about Stryper, cause they rock!
And now that I have sat here and written this, good ol Cottam is taking the run to BIAP for me, so now I have to work! Dang!!!!!
But I hope no one argues on the comments today! Actually I do, but saying that would be against my beliefs, so I will just cover my butt, and say not!
K, and P, take a couple of deep breaths about that TX lady! You don't have to agree with EVERYONE that is against Bush, and K, Bush has Multi million dollar homes, not just million dollar homes. In fact, his ranch must be VERY multi million dollar! But I forgot Democrat politicians live in trailer parks and donate all their $ to charity! NOT!!!!!!!
PEACE OUT BRUTHAS AND SISTAS!
Later,
Erik











13 Comments:
I bet your Catholic? I have a girlfriend who tells me all the time, you Cathoilics are allowed to live. She said her religion makes her feel guilty about everything.
I know I am one that proclaims God's word everyday on my site. I do it because I promised Dan I would pray for him everyday. He asked me to pray for him. I just want him to see that I am keeping my promise and I try to encourage others to pray for our troops. Praying for other is a ministry.
Erik are you taking your own pictures again? The face is a little big, once again. Stay safe friend and God Bless.
Okay, I have been debating if I should post this or not, but I am going for it. I have a hunch that the anonymous (Pat) is an old military mom friend of mine. We meet 5 years ago on the Ft. Benning website when our sons were doing Basic training at the same time. If my hunch is right. I love you Pat and I think of you and your soldier often. Come over to my place and lets reconnect. Dan asks me, every so often, do you hear anything about Pat and her son? I wish I could catch him up on your soldier. Maybe I'm wrong but the post sound so much like my dear cyber friend (Pat).
Yes,
I AM catholic! If religion was a political party, I'd be a Democrat!
Oh, and I am not saying anything about anyone in particular, and I totally understand everyone has their own beliefs, and it is good to have your own standards of faith, I was just putting mine out there! I just don't want anyone telling me that what I do or don't do will be judged as right or wrong.
I am capable of figuring that out formyself, and if I make mistakes I will be judged accordingly!
Faith is a personal thing, you are absolutely right, Erik. Whatever one believes is up to that person and God. And btw: I like the new Stryper album too! :)
Stay Safe!
Oh Erik...you would have loved our AAA Minor League Baseball game..lol. They put faith night and Marine night together...lol. Ok, and the freebie was a John the Baptist bobblehead! I swear I was expecting something with a flag! Nope...here in the south they pass out John The Baptist bobbleheads!
Classic!
Stay safe...
Christie
Oh, and MM. I DO have a big head, so that might be prt of the camera problem!
Haircut, yes Erik I think you need one.
I am like you, I don't talk much about religion, but will say just one thing. It is very personal and everyone has their own choice as to which religion they will follow. I have found that it is much easier to not talk about religion, but to each his own.
Great post Erik. Keep smiling in those pictures. Stay safe.
I am so with you. I keep my faith to myself. I do not feel the need to really discuss it. Bless you my brother!!!!lol;)
hey nice post and i totally agree with you. your religon is your religon and you shouldnt have to talk to people about if you dont want to. ohh and good job on the hair cut i have been here 10 months and still have not gotten a hair cut becasue the turkish people that cut hair on our post.. well they use flames.. literally a tourch to the side of your head, and the just freaks me out. so other than that nice post, stay safe, ohh i also know what it is like to have to drop everything that you want to get done for the day to go a pick up some officer or take them somewhere. yeah i do the same thing too i almost wish that they would put me back on the road so i dont have to deal with nice 1500 wake ups to take an officer to the px or chow hall. ok ok got to get back to work,
Erik,
You are so right - religion can be very personal. But I think religion and faith are two different things. Religion can be very judgemental...you are soooo right about that...
But then, as you mentioned, there is prayer. It's one of the greatest ways of practicing our faith. When my kids were in the sandbox, I know that they counted on the prayers I was saying for them. And one day our daughter called us from the sandbox and asked me to pray with her because she had heard that her husband's unit had been hit. To know that your children count on that is a great comfort to a parent. It means that they believe in the power of God to change things. By the way, I am Lutheran...don't know about your girlfriend's religion MM but we Lutherans don't feel guilty about everything. :)
Erik...believe that you are in my prayers every single day.
God bless you,
Erik - Nice haircut! Good Post - I agree - it should be a personal thing, for me it is.
Stay safe, have a great weekend!
Hey Erik!
I'm catching up on my blog reading and was specifically looking for what you wanted to talk about pertaining religion. By the way, I was brought up Catholic as well. :) I agree with MUCH of what you wrote here - kudos to you for laying it out there. It's a touchy subject to say the least. It's very personal indeed. Great post!!
Dude you got screwed!!! $4 for that? It looks good but come on 3 min and you are done.
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home