If you don't like gross things........
.....then you might want to read this anyways, because I am telling some of the effects of what it is like on your body here in the desert!
I realized this morning that I am used to the effects of here, and the changes that I am now used to as far as climate and diet! i did not really pay attention to things like this, but lately we have our HOT wind back, and you could probably try a test at home by turning your oven on to 130 degrees, for abut maybe 15 minutes and then open it and fell the nice WARM breeze that shoots at you, then you can imagine what it feels like in the air here! When these HOT winds arrive the air is VERY dry, and you get rock buggers, and lately I have had this chapped inside of my nose you could call it, and last night I noticed the blood buggers before I went to bed from the dryness. So this morning when I sat up from the bed I got an intstant bloody nose, and I don't get those that often, so that thing I got under control, and came up to the office and took some people to the AP, and came back sat down and had one of those huge hard buggers that hurt, so I grabbed the thing, and out came this HUGE, what seemed like foot long blood clot worm that instantly opened my sinus, and it felt like if you ever have surgery and they put packing gauze in there and pull it out! Nasty, but feels relieving! Don't worry, all is clear snot now! So also, I don't know if it is the water or whet but you NEVER have to worry about costipation here. Somehow everything seems to be nice and REAL loose! Yes, nasty, but such is life here, and I figured I would get that out of the way in one post!
On to other things, I put a pic up of our living area, and you can see rows and rows of trailer parks! My area is called Dodge City, and you can see in the distance the bird house cone that Saddam had as this area used to be a wildlife refuge for him with lions and tigers and all that!
Oh, I thought about breaking my blogs up into a fun one and then a Iraq one, but man, I made this blog for 1 reason, my deployment, so I am keeping it all here because I just want to chronicle my whole deployment, the good, bad, and bloody snot!
I hope that family members don't mind that so many other people have come along for the ride, but it gets me through and hopefully it brings a little reality to Iraq!
Everyone have a PEACEFUL day!
And Love from the Latrine has been updated!
Later,
Erik












15 Comments:
OH ERIK, you poor baby. put some vaseline up there. That will keep the boggers soft and less irritable. You have a nice soft, pliable day, my friend.
wow, glad i know all that. Now I can graduate from college. THANKS!! And what is this crap about me scaring you? Does anyone else think I am scary?? Seriously! What the h-e- double hockey sticks did I do to scare you. I don't want you to be scared of me. Oh well, I will just have to have my sister find out where you are at in that sandbox and take care of buisness for me! JUST KIDDING! I still love you Erik (not in a romantic way or anything) and will continue reading your site even if you think I am scary!
Once again thanks for sharing that "oh so personal" tidbit of information!
Okay - so that was a little gross - I would suggest saline nasal spray - but that might make things worse? Stay safe.
Um, yeah, that was a bit gross. Glad to hear your nose is better. Thank you for sharing, in both the scarcastic AND heart-felt way. Thanks to your family for sharing you with us too!
Erik,
Guess you will have to change my name on your blogroll from AprilShah to- the most wonderful person I know! Just to make up for all the bad mouthin'
Just kidding. Anyways, I just thought i would give you more crap since i got on to blog and saw that you left another comment. I feel special now! I will talk to you later!
TMI hun TMI...blech lol
Wow, your description of the desert heat was intense. I can only try to imagine.
I think it's good that you keep your blog in one piece. It's about everything, as you said.
Stay well! Have a good day. :)
As gross as the booger story was, sadly, I have to say that I know exactly what you are talking about.
Those long boogers, while nasty, do make you able to breathe from both nostrils again!
Go Cowboys!!! :)
Eeewww -- but I know what you're talking about! In Denver during the winter it sometimes got down to 1% humidity! OUCH!
Ouch that sounds kinda painful. Maybe you should try what Military Mom suggested and use some Vaseline. Owie, owie! Glad you're all cleared up now.
I think it's great that you have one blog instead of 2. Trust me, keeping up with more than 1 is hard!
I would hope that your family doesn't mind us!! LOL!
Sgt. Holtan, that story made me laugh, about the heat and the boogers, I prolly won't be laughing as hard if I get sent on this deployment comin'up soon. I'm on the stand-by list but have asked to be put on the primary. Sorry bout this being my first response to your site, I forgot you had this thing going. Keep yer chin up Sgt. (or down, if the hot wind is blowing up yer nostrils). Good to see your keeping that sense of humor you are known for. Spc. Fields.
Well, Erik, some good, some bad, and some uglies...:) but always informative. I think momma of 2 has the right idea - saline spray might help. And I wish you rain and far less ovenlike temps.
Keep on keeping on in Dodge City my friend. Ron sends his best.
God, if there's nothing I love more than a poop story, it's a boogers story!
Wow, I could almost imagine those big 'uns you extracted! Too bad you didn't take pictures!
Yeah Nasty boggers they suck. I sure hope you did not try to eat them after picking them lol. Carmex works great to keep your nose moist. sent it to Hubby when he was over there works wonders. LOL take care Jenn
I am all about some gross stories. And to your family, I am so thankful they share your time with us. I feel like I have made new friends in you and Melissa. Chow Big daddy!!!;0
Post a Comment
<< Home