Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My little(big) girl!


[U]
Originally uploaded by ErikHoltan.
I have featured every one of my family members in their own way, and it is Madisons turn to get some attention!
Yesterday, on the phone dad(me) played dad and scolded her for not listening to mom.
I figure that I can intstill a little discipline over the phone. Well, another hard part about deployment is that while sometimes they might need it, maybe the reason they are not listening to mom is because dad is gone. Well Madison is a VERY polite caring little(big) girl and I know that she is also just being a kid.
Well, I felt bad after I got off the with her, and I know she felt bad too! I know she can take it and is fine now, but she has been such a strong person snce I have been gone, and she has been a great sister to both Hunter AND Kendall! Just like Hunter and Kendall, I could not be more proud to have Madison to be a father to!
I know it is SOOOO hard to have dad gone for the year, and I know when I am home you like to jump in bed with mom and dad at ALL points of the night, and even though we had to get a king size bed to keep us from going crazy, I don't mind that you jump in there and cuddle with us!(or kick us)
I am very proud of the things you have done since I have been gone! You being in the pageant was so awesome, I knew you would like something like that. That is you! You and Hunter going off the diving board for the first time, while I was sad to miss it, I was so proud that you tried it! Mom says you help Kendall so much, and I knew all the dolls when you were younger would help for this year! I put more pictures up for you in the pflickr site!
Thank God that you were born to US. And I can't wait to get home to see you WIN next years pageant!
I Love You Madison!
Dad

14 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Erik...
YOU FORGOT THE TISSUE ALERT. Any words I write would just take away the beauty and the love in your post so I will just say...how blessed your family is to have you.
God bless you all, and hugs to you and your family for all the sacrifices you are enduring for us.
It will never be forgotten or unappreciated.

August 09, 2005 4:20 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You are such a great dad! Like Sue said, I am not going to mess up what you have said! I think I will just let my tears do the talking...really! This has me all choked up. She is really, really lucky to have you.

August 09, 2005 5:11 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

She is beautiful Erik. I bet she is such a big help to her mom too. Stay safe.

August 09, 2005 5:36 AM  
Blogger April M. Shah said...

Great I just got up and i am already crying! THANKS! You seem to be such a wonderful caring father. Those children are lucky to have a dad like you. Now if you will excuse me i must go find a tissue!

August 09, 2005 5:49 AM  
Blogger Sam and Jenna said...

Whatever Erik! You know what a hard-ass I am but yes you even had me crying over here. You are so blessed to have such an amazing family and I know they know how blessed they are to have you. Take care, Jenna

August 09, 2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

She is a doll. This is very sweet to write a post for her. I am sure your wife keeps a diary or scrapebook for the kids. This one is a definite keeper!!

Does your wife have a blog too? I am sure if she did you have mentioned it somewhere. I would love to see her take on being away from you.

August 09, 2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a beautiful girl! It must be extremely hard (understatement, I know) to be away from your babies for a year. I couldn't imagine being away from mine for a week.

When do you come home for good?

August 09, 2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Your daughter is just simply beautiful...and the post is beyond words..you are an awesome daddy, and she knows it, if not now, when she is older, she will. She is very very very lucky to have you! Now I have to find some tissue, as mascara is running down my face...thanks alot!

August 09, 2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Remember, kids like discipline. It shows you care. have a nice day.

August 09, 2005 9:46 AM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

What a beautiful daughter Erik! Had to find a tissue after reading your post! She is blessed to have a dad like you! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe!

August 09, 2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

What a beautiful tribute and little girl.

I can't imagine being away from my kids for a week (although I sometimes dream about it....) let alone a year. I know they're going to just gobble you up once yu get back home!

August 09, 2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Ah, Eric - That made me remember when I made Natl Honor Society in high school. Dad sent me flowers to show how proud he was - it was such a sweet moment. I'm glad you are writing like this to your big little girl :-)

August 10, 2005 12:09 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

She is beautiful. You and Melissa are doing a wonderful job.

August 10, 2005 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

February 15, 2007 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C