Props and tidbits!
OK, I like my post to be mostly about tidbits. I don't love going off in rants for a whole post, because well, I just wasted a post! but I know you all know that I hate holding things back, so I don't! I think moods like yesterday, while I ca't explain why a lot of other people were crabby yesterday coincide with the dreams I have here! And a lot of times I don't think about it until I remember I had dreams the night before! So yesterday I realized that I was having weird dreams the night before! In this case I can remember being mortared while I was in this PX somewhere, and then we all ran to bunkers, but could not find any, and then the Apaches started flying over before I could panic, then I woke up! They are not freaky to me because if I was at home having them in a year they would be, but now it is part of the environment. I just realized I was subconciously in a bad mood after the day after weird dreams. So if I go off, it would be safe to assume I had dreams the night before! That is what I am going with!
OK, I am going to give props out to certain blogs once in awhile, and if any of you that have never been to the ones I have listed go to them for a little bit, and say hi!
KATY is my blog hero and I have linked several times, but he is an Army wife to a journalist Clint from Ft. Carson Colorado, and she has given me the most help with questions on my site and what to do with it! She is also kind of a Bolg Mama San, in tht she is VERY popular in the circles on blog stardom. She links me a lot and I get a lot of traffic through her! She has this women's network it seems like, and plenty of people that comment on my site come here through her!
She is my blog mentor, and she always asks how my family is doing and if she can help! Very great person!
OK short jottings for the day!
-Why does Chex mix you buy have so little Chex mix and so much filler(Pretzels, little crackers, etc.) I know why but it sucks! If I wanted a bag of pretzel, I would buy some!
-1SG and I have gotten along great since everyone left(Sorry Curt!)
Not that we didn't, but I could do this for 4 more months!(Again sorry Curt)
-I sent an email to a journalist at Mpls StarTribune yesterday about an article online I read, and yesterday was not the day to have me read that article, but he was most gracious in his lengthy reply! He has been over here, and I appreciate his reply, and like his articles!
-I found out the water table over here is VERY shallow, and the desert is just a thin layer of sand, hence the number of lakes, and when you dig a deep hole you will get a pond! Problem is the water is replenished by the Tigris and Euphrates, and it is not good fresh water like in the states!
-I LOVED talking to my wife yesterday, and could almost cry because it was so refreshing! You know sometimes you just feel that way! She is such a great person!
-I wish I had a drum set over here, but it would be wrecked by now though!
-Watched Rachel Ray this morning n AFN, and my wife and I watch her shows on Food Network, haven't seen her in awhile!
Later,
Erik












12 Comments:
Hi Erik,
Ron and I LOVE Rachel Ray - our kids think she is a little too perky :) - but she has some great ideas. It took me the longest time to figure out what EVOO is. :)We really enjoy all those little trips that she takes for $40 a day. We always say we are going to visit one of them but haven't yet.
Maybe cause we know that we would never be able to keep it to $40 a day. :)
Glad that you got to talk to Melissa - she is an awesome young woman with a strong faith. I admire and respect her even though we have never met in person.
About the drum set...I think my son and daughter in law would gladly send their son's drum set to you...only problem is the noise he would make if they did that might be worse than the noise he makes on it now. :)
Take care friend and God bless you.
Glad that you are having a better day today. It's ok with us to vent Erik. We certainly understand. Glad that you got to talk to your lovely wife.
Sorry about the weird/bad dreams.
I love Rachel too - she's great!
Erik - when you need to rant, do it! Get it out of your system so you feel better, we don't mind at all.
Take care of yourself.
We love Rachel Ray too! I know it's got to be a little slice from home when you see her.
I'm glad you spoke with your wife and that it raised your spirits. Just think...you're down one day compared to yesterday.
Happy Friday ( or saturday when you read this)
XOXO
Christie
I'm so glad that you got to chat with your honey! I know that has to make your day!
Rachel Ray...why does everyone know her but me?
Mmmm Chex Mix! I love that stuff. My fav's are Cheddar and Hot 'n Spicy. I love the little brown rye chips in them, they are the best! But there is only like 3 in each bag :(
Glad to hear that you got to talk to your wifey. I know that must have made you feel wonderful.
Rachel Ray is a great cook!
Hi Erik -
Glad you are having a better day! Hope things continue to go on the up swing - I think the bad moods just had to do with it being Wed. Thats my excuse!
I'm so glad that you had an awesome chat with your wife...it's no doubt that she lifts your spirits and puts a big smile on your face. :-) I hope you are having a good day!
I can't wait until Curt gets back and he can start taking your pictures. To much nostrils and eyes and lips in your pictures.
Just kidding. I get a kick out of that baby face no matter how big or small it is.
So glad you got to have a great conversation with Melissa.
Yea Katy is the greatest. She keeps the blogosphere interesting. I got to go look for my picture. Next week I hope to have a digital camera. Stay safe.
Erik... hope everything is going well, I don't make it over here as often as I should! You definitely missed out on that Rascal Flatts concert (not THE Rascal Flatts you dork!!) but I have to say I like them even more knowing they went to play in Iraq. Anyway, the hubs will be joining you in the next couple of weeks, though I don't think he'll be in the same area. Kepp blogging, and keep your head down!
Keep up the good work » »
Looking for information and found it at this great site... »
Post a Comment
<< Home