Self Portrait Friday!!!! Dinner!
I have to say I was a little skeptical of putting a picture of what we eat for dinner on the site! For 2 reasons!
You WILL NOT feel bad for me as far as what we get fed! This is NO place to go on a diet! Also, not everyone is fortunate to eat like this! Although you would be surprised at some of the smaller places and the food they get!
Our main chow hall is called the Sports Oasis, and it has pennants from EVERY pro sports team of the 4 major sports leagues in the U.S.
My menu last night was Chicken Cordon Bleu, corn, Crab salad, french fries with cheese sauce, and 1 scoop of Pecans and praline Baskin Robbins Ice cream with caramel sauce, and whip cream, with a couple cherries on top!
OK, now that is all good and we eat very well, but I ALWAYS get my food to go and bring it back up to my desk, hence the reason I am sitting at my desk! Rarely do any of us eat down there, because you sit in there too long, and waste time, Curt likes to say he won't be in the chow hall if there is a bomb! Yeah, that is a bonus!
Other than that I usually put up new pics every time I post so please check out Flickr.
Has anyone heard of The Rascal Flats? They are playing tonight here at Victory! They are country, but on the posters they look kinda gay.(I mean REAL gay) We'll see! I am not a big country guy, so I don't know! I mean if a good band came here, like Iron Maiden then I would be there, but they are playing Ozzfest so they could not make it!
Oh well, everyone have a great day, and if you want to see more Self portraited eaters and there families, or not, go to Katy's site as she puts all the links up for people! Also, Curt and SGT G are gone now, so if they don't update they are probably back in the states living it up! And I keep getting asked when I go home for good and for leave, but I will say I was able to get home in March for Kendall's birth, so that was good, but leaving a long haul til I go home in Nov./Dec. timeframe! As always everyting is fluid, so things could change, but I am enjoying playing NCAA football as the Minnesota Gophers. I finished a season last night, and they beat Iowa, who was #11, and the Gophers were #22, and we went to the Sun Bowl, and lost to Washngton St., but my TE won the Hiesman Trophy and the Maxwell Award for the best player! Oh well, tonight is a new season! Thanks for letting me babble now!
Later,
Erik












14 Comments:
Open wide! Your throat looks good. I see you had some dental work in there.
The food looks like great too.LOL
Who took that picture? To bad Curt isn't there to be your photographer. He did a much better job at getting the right stuff in the picture.
Dang, I'm coming over there to eat. You have like real cooks and stuff!
Rascal Flatts is a great group. Go and enjoy!
Looks like a pretty good meal to me Erik. So now we know that you guys are not going without food...
Go to the concert. They are great. Hope you have a good weekend. Stay Safe.
Dude, you are so handsome in your BDU's!!!! You & your wife make a great looking couple! (kids are cute, too)Glad your chow is good. Love all the pictures! Stay safe! and Thank You for your service!
p.s. I have been praying for those clouds for y'all. Try to keep cool.
Theresa
GA
Well crap... you eat better than 75% of the people back in the states right now! LOL.
I wanted to see you eating MRE's!
Wow, you do eat well. I want some ice cream! :) Love the blog. I hadn't read one from a serviceman/woman, so I'm finding it really interesting. Love the pictures. I'd stay longer but I'm supposed to be working. Ugh.
Take care, stay safe.
Liz
Yummy that looks great! My husband would be jealous of what you eat for dinner every night ;)
I CANNOT believe that you do not know Rascall Flats! They are just like the best country band in existence! Count yourself lucky for getting to see their show. I would love to! They have some really great songs. Please take lots of pictures fo us!
Oh, right now I'm reading 'The Rescue' by Nicholas Sparks and the main characters last name in Holtan...it made me think of you!
OOOOOhhhhhhh Hey I can say I saw the lead singer of Rascal Flatts at my Y a few weeks ago. He works out there all the time. LOL. I literally live where all the country stars live. LOL. Yep...and they all come to the country Now, tell me...did you really eat the crab salad!? Ugh...brave man!
Enjoy!
XOXO
C
I'm still drooling over the ice-cream I see next to your plate. Mmmm!!! I'm craving a hot fudge sundae now. :-)
Happy Friday. I hope you are having a great day!!
Mmmmm, sounds yummy! And just where is the face-stuffing pic, eh?
At lease they are feeding you well.
Please be safe and thanks for your service and sharing your life.
Food looks good - but the ice cream is one of my favs! Have a great weekend!
Lordy - that makes me hungry -- I need to go eat lunch ;-)
Enjoy the concert!
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP southern california aston martin 2001 ford windstar minivan feb- chrysler country town Penis guilotine cosmetic dermatology & vein center gingelvill mi london milfs search stationery cottage Bikini girl fuck la femmes brand cosmetics perfume cosmetics dd cup bras sexy older women Bed en language water air+cleaners+purifiers+electrostatic+filter sex gangbangs video Cheap tennis raquets
Post a Comment
<< Home