SPF Relaxing!
Well I am doing todays Self Portrait Friday, and the theme for today is what you do to relax! Well, this might make me seem like a raging drunk, but I can assure you THIS IS STRICTLY NON ALCOHOLIC BEER! And quite honestly I have probably only had about 8 total N/A beers since I have been here, but this stuff is VERY popular for people over here! It kind of gives you the feeling that you are relaxed in your head, but believe me, it does NOT make your head hurt in the morning! I will admit when I first got to Kuwait, it was weird to see N/A beer in the same coolers at the chow hall as the sodas, but we are now used to it, and a lot of people steadily drink the stuff for lunch. I know Curt has at least 1 every night before he goes to bed. To each his own, but I really don't drink beer at home, and the taste is OK but it just is not my thing! I heard rumors they were going to get rid of Odouls at the chow hall for cost purposes, but you can get St. Pauli Girl's and Beck's N/A at the PX! Another weird thing here is that we can get loads of N/A beer, Red Bull, and soda at the chow hall, but then you go to the PX and they sell canned soda for .60, Red Bull for $15.00, and beer for $7.00 a 12 pack, and that is suppose to be a good deal, when you can get it for free? Not gonna do it! The only soda I drink here is Diet Pepsi and Diet 7 up.
I also was talking to 1 SG today, and I was telling him that I am a person that likes to develop a pattern to my schedule and KEEP it that way. So my schedule right now that everyone is gone is to some in early to the office at 7-7:30am when no one is here, and leave around 7-7:30pm. I then go to the room take a shower, play Gamecube NCAA football for 3 games, put in a movie for about a half hour then wake up, do my little work out routine and go up and do it all again, and that way I am,and am cmfortable that way! Of course when missions happen, or the schedule get SO out of wack, I am flexible, then I might as well just stay at work the whole 24 hrs.
Other than that have not seen anymore mice around the office, so maybe I got the only "day" mouse the other day! But we still have PLENTY of little teeny geckos crawling up and down the walls, and man, if your taking a duker, and one of those things startles you all bets are off for success!
Everyone have a great weekend, and enjoy the good life!
Later,
Erik












23 Comments:
Erik,
Well relaxing for me means just time at home with Ron and our family - or dinner with Ron on a Saturday night. Saturday mornings are my favorite - extra cup of coffee and not worrying about the commute. Sounds like you've got quite a routine going there - I just hope you get enough rest.
Love your SPFrdays Erik - take care and God bless.
I have to hand it to you Erik. Looks so relaxing. I love the picture. Hope you have a good weekend. Stay safe.
Hey Erik, I see you found someone to take your picture. Did Curt get back? Lookin good.
I hate it when a Gekko ruins your prospects for taking a perfectly good Numero Deux.
Hi Eric, came over from Cat's blog. Love the pic. Hope you guys do find time to relax, it would seem be a hard thing to do.
You keep posting, I'll keep reading.
I've missed ANOTHER SPF! Oh well, I'll have fun vicariously through yours. Thanks!
Previously I would have said I don't really schedules...
but when I think about it? I ADORE schedules. Especially my morning one.
I planned on playing the RELAXATION PHOTO game but I never got around to it.
yet?
Wouldn't the gekko help by scaring the CRAP out of you?
Ryan
Have a great weekend!
Looks HOT! Isn't is so hot there?! LOL.
Nice pic, Erik -- Good to see you at least pretending to relax ;-)
Don't you look so relaxed. Non Alcoholic beer? You poor poor thing.
I agree with Katy; I think I'd just wait until I got back to the states and got me a real beer.
Happy SPF!
Great photo - hope you aren't just pretending to be relaxing, and you guys/gals do get a little bit of break once in a while. Have a great weekend!
That's a great photo of you kicking back chugging down a cold beer. :)
Have a great weekend!!
Relaxation is a big glass of iced tea and blogging for me. Glad you get to relax some while you are over there! But N/A beer just sounds dull. :)
Stay Safe!
Love the picture! You actually do look relaxed in it.
I don't understand the concept behind N/A beer. You get the awful taste, you have to pee a whole lot, but no buzz??!?!? It's like decaf coffee. I just don't get it.
ahh you look perfectly relaxed! Great pic!
21 comments, you are getting to be one popular soldier. Have a nice day and stay safe.
Do they have Coke in the chow halls? N's gonna need it. We drink WAY too much every day, and I dont want him to go into withdrawal. Are you really scared of the geckos? You should "adpot" one as a pet, those things are too cool!
Excellent, love it! Cheap unlimited phone calls Accounting terms defined Cat losing patches hair red spots
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! ruched tops blouses t shirts Hot horny lesbians Sean john shoes infants blouses Clothes dryers find outdoors rotary
Post a Comment
<< Home