Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday jottings!


[U]
Originally uploaded by ErikHoltan.

I know all my recent pics have been taken by myself, but no one is here to take them for me!
Today is Sunday, and I still look forward to this day as I am semi off!
And I also like to put my jottings for the week up! But, as I think of ones to put up, I forget them as quick as I think of them, and I could write them down, but I don't!

- Been watching Big Brother 4 the best of season(I love reality)! They have some real selfish, lying, backstabbers on there! I know a lot of people who would have a good chance to win that game!

-Saw Warrick Dunn yesterday in the NFL game in Tokyo, and he got interviewed about his visit to Iraq last winter! (First of all, LAST winter sounds a long time ago, and I am STILL here.) I thank him for his commitment, and think he is a great guy!

-Some of these OTHER athletes like Edgerrin James of the Colts, who did not want to go to Japan for the game because of the long flight should go bankrupt!!!!

-Raphael Palmiero should be on Big Brother, he would be good at it!
(Palmeiro is the one who tested positive for steroids after LYING to the congressional hearing saying he NEVER took them before! No wonder why the world hates us! We are primadonnas!

-Now the Twins just downright SUCK!
No more energy meeds to be wasted on them!

-My favorite state I ever visited was Louisiana! VERY underrated!

-My wife us a VERY private person!

-I am NOT! (Thanks honey, for putting up with me!)

-I believe the only way you can change things in the world is to act on your beliefs, and not just complain about it! I can't wait to get home to change things! I have a lot of beliefs! I am DETERMINED to get laws changed to help FAMILIES of deployed soldiers!
The FAMILIES are the oil that makes us slick!

-You would be surprised by my opinion on whether we are doing the right thing in Iraq! And whether we could be more efficient! And President Bush IS NOT the reason why we have comprimised security here and insurgents within the Iraqi Army! It is the F'ing liberal Senate members that just could not have patience on why we did not have a bigger Iraqi force intact sooner, so we had to hurry up and take more people with less background! Our politics and bickering are comprimising our safety, and it is easy to bicker when you are not gonna be in harms way! Don't you think the insurgents see the discourse in our politics? Yes, that gives them fuel to be satisfied that their cause has merit!

-We WASTE a lot of money over here! Yeah did you see my meal the other night? Did I need that? NO! They talk about conserving water over here, but no one says ANYTHING about the things like food that gets thrown away!

-The PX is a RIP OFF! They mark things WAY HIGH because they can, it is the only place to go! You would be surprised at the price difference from store to store! Yes, Target does it, but they are for profit! That is their game, and you can chose not to go there! We HAVE NO CHOICE! Theifs!

-According to a study in Forbes, you should not invest in stocks after SEX!
Who funded that study? Better yet who was paid to participate? Maybe they volunteered? Either way I guess this is a good year for me to invest a lot of money!

Thats what I have for today, and I hope you all like my jottings, they are just random things that go through my head at diffeent times throughout the day! I know everyone has them, but honestly, I am a person who feeds off of thinking, and you know how it is when you are stressed at home, and things are overwhelming? Well, all you want is to make everything go away, and get everything off your mind? Then everything goes away, and I get bored, and I don't like it!
I feed off stress, and I get LAZY when I have none! Not that I love stress, but it gives me something to work towards! I am weird I know!
Anyways hopefully you like the Asian tea I am showing. I don't know what it says, but I'm sure it is good!
Have a great Sunday all!
Later,
Erik

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Hope that you enjoy your semi day off. I am sure that it is much deserved.

Keep putting your jottings down, as we enjoy reading them. Stay safe Erik.

August 07, 2005 4:59 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I love those jottings! That's my kind of post - cuz I do the same thing! LOL. I think of a hundred things I wanted to mention or talk about but then when I'm in front of the computer 'poof' they're gone... or more often they don't seem worth writing about. (Or I just want to make it a one sentence blog instead of a witty nice paragraph.)

Straight, to the point and jumping to various topics in one post. Yep, that's my kind of post!

PS: Tell your wife not to be sooooo private. If she wants to email me and say 'hey' I'd love to hear from her. We have stuff in common ya know!

August 07, 2005 6:07 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Boy do you sound like Dan. i got a call from him last night and he needed to vent.I guess some people are wanting to throw him out of his room. They needed it for one of their buddies. (click thing)
About the PX, I knew they were a rip off when they wanted everyone to buy gift cards for the PX. Dan said just keep sending me care packages, you get the stuff much cheaper back home. I needed to read your post today. i was feeling so bad about Dan's call, I thought why is he so miserable, maybe he needs to just go with the flow. But now I see you all have gripes and backstabbers and power hungry mongers and etc... Thanks Erik

August 07, 2005 7:22 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Jenna,
Oh yeah they know we are in theater, that is why they gouge us!
Because we have no choice!

August 07, 2005 8:19 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik...
About the PX thing...that means that you will have to keep letting us know what you need over there. It's much better to get packages than having to buy it yourself.
Love the jottings...oh and your wife is a wonderful person...I know she is...and of course you know she is too.(It must run in the family). :)
God bless you my friend and may He keep you safe.

August 07, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Melissa has every right to be private. You have formed quite the followind. It is hard to share your husband and his thoughts when you rarely get them yourself due to deployment, but I tell you what...You got you a good woman there boy.

August 07, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Have you gone to RealityTV.com. It is a great site with lots of wonderful peeps. You can get updates on live feeds for BigBrother and participate in Bashing them to no end as well. I love that site as it has all the Reality show forums and a few of non-reality TV favorites such as 24 and Lost.

Oh and the sand looks awful. Stay covered and safe.

August 08, 2005 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

January 29, 2007 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C