Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Dating Game!




















So life around here waiting to take someone to BIAP or Griffin Pad can get a bit boring, but we do what we can. actually no it doesn't get boring as I had runs at 0135 and 0400 this morning.
So I am a little tired, but decided I would cut some DATES off the trees, so I climbed up, told Curt to take a picture of me, and then he told me that spiders live in the date clumps, so SKIP THAT! It was a quick jump down for me. Well, the dates here are supposed to be real good ad sweet, and dates are the #1 export out of Iraq! Well, actually they aren't #1, that would probably be oil, but they are high up there! Don't really want t eat any dates, some people swear by them, but I just don't have the appetite for them,
Also, I cut down the turnip tree today, and I call that because after I replanted it, it died and the new leaves failed to TURN UP!! Get it!
So here is my tribute to the tree that never had a chance!
Well, I will keep this short as I need to make some more missions! Not a lot new out here, but the weather is just BEAUTIFUL, and I hope the weather in the states is well!
Later,
Erik

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish people would leave comments on my blog, so I figure I will encourage it by leaving them messages on theirs.

Anyway, check out my website if you have a few minutes. Its an interesting new product about Event Lighting.

You can find it at Event Lighting.

adios...
PS: Keep blogging

September 21, 2005 5:00 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Oh, I feel bad that no one leaves comments on your blog, and maybe I will go over to it, and pay you some attention!
OR STALK YOU!!!! YEP, I'M GONNA STALK YOU!!!!!
Once again, why would I get EVENT LIGHTING in the UK when I can get great lightin in the US!

September 21, 2005 6:07 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Good Morning Sgt. Erik - Dates really come from Iraq? Guess I'll have to believe you on that one....

The weather in Iowa is awesome - should be up in the 90's today...so much for freezing while watching HS football on Friday nights! Have a great day & Stay safe!

September 21, 2005 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao!
I was going to comment about how turnips don't grow on trees... lmao. You crack me up Erik

September 21, 2005 7:56 AM  
Blogger Me said...

LOVE the turnip tree story... am going to share that one with my husband. :)

September 21, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
I LOVE dates at Christmas time, rolled in sugar (sometimes dipped in rum and THEN rolled in sugar). My mom used to make them every holiday. Stay safe going back and forth to biap, ok?
Take care and God keep you safe.

September 21, 2005 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. High point furniture mart

February 16, 2007 4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

February 20, 2007 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C