Thursday, September 15, 2005

My mind!!

















I started the day by waking up and having to go to the bathroom at 5:30am, and you know, sometimes you have those days where you just can't get back to sleep til it's time to wake up?
Yep, today was that day, and luckily I went to bed about 10:45pm last night and got a decent amount of sleep.
Well, I think I had lots of dreams last night, including one where I had a hurricane at my house!
I mean the house I grew up in where my parents live! So, that was an experience, considering it was Minnesota!
I find myself on cruise control lately, just wanting the days to end so I can get to the next day, and a little stressed as to what my family is going through! Seems the kids are sick, Kendall has bronchitis, Madison has been out of school for a couple days, and now I guess Hunter might be as well, so I guess I'm sorry I can't be there, and Madison has been having a hard time again with me being gone, and going back to school, and I do worry about that! She might be a little like both Missy and I. I like to develop habits, and patterns and not deviate from it and keep it repetative, and when it gets changed up a little I don't like adjusting to it! Well, Madison is a GREAT student, and likes a lot of friends, but she says she worries about mom when she is at school! I mean, you take Hunter, and plug him into something new and he doesn't hesitate to adjust! Well, I don't really like when the kids are sick anyways, because I feel helpless, and I just sometimes want to be there, especially when Missy doesn't get a lot of rest when Kendall hasn't slept all night, and there is no one to spell her! Thank god for great next door neighbors, Mark and Jody!
Anyways, I took pics this morning of my area outside, and want to explain something. The DEAD tree I am leaning against is one that I transplanted last spring, and it has over time and wind now shaped ITSELF into a leaning tree! People ask me why don't I cut it down, but I tell them it will come back next year! I don't think so but it adds character. And the bushes, are finally now coming back after going dormant in August from the heat! I began watering it again, and now it is starting to bloom!

What else? Ummm! I wanted to also add that all those MN troops scheduled to leave next week, I will be thinking about you and your families, and whatever you need let your families know! I gotta say that our units Family Support Group headed by K. Cline has been great and she has done AWESOME, and her husband is no longer even in our unit! Thanks K.
Good luck to all my friends that are leaving, and I will miss you when I get back, but I am proud to serve with such good people that TRULY understand sacrifice and unselfishness. If you all need some advice. Bad, Good, or Untrue, let me know! I will be happy to make some stuff up!
Later,
Erik

8 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

My prayers are with you and the MN soldiers who are starting their deployment.
Hurricane in Minn. no, blizzard yes. I would take a big snowstorm over a hurricane anytime.
Stay safe Erik.

September 15, 2005 4:11 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Thanks so much for sharing your days with us. I feel for you and your family Erik. I can't begin to imagine how difficult life is right now for your wife and children. I am thinking about you guys.

September 15, 2005 6:32 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

When I dream I'm at home, I'm always in the house I grew up in. My parents sold it when I was 18 and I haven't been there in years. But when I dream, thats where I go. How weird is that?

Sorry your kiddos are sick. There is nothing worse than sick kiddos. Especially when you are away and can't be there to hug them.

September 15, 2005 7:13 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Poor mis!!! I tried to call her again while I was reading your post. I feel so bad for her. The phone was busy. Hopefully she was getting to talk to you. Hang tough bud. I suppose some days are harder then others. All your blog friends are here!!!

September 15, 2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Sorry to hear that you have sick kiddos - that can make for long days for your wife...hang in there Mrs. Erik! And knowing how much you love your kids, it has to be hard not to be there to give them the get well hugs that it takes to get better!

Hope you have a good day & Stay safe!

September 15, 2005 8:22 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I'm sorry to hear the kids are sick. :( We have had the flu run its course through our house the last couple weeks and it sucks. :(
Will be thinking of you and your family.

September 15, 2005 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a very pretty tree- even if it is bent

September 15, 2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
I'm so sorry to hear that the kids are sick - rough days in MN. And other rough days for all those deploying from MN...praying that God will keep them all safe from harm...and continue to keep you and your unit safe as well with all that's going on over there the last few days.

September 15, 2005 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C