Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Something out of NOTHING!



















Here we go! MNC-I Corps Surgeon Conference week here in Baghdad! And 2 things! For those of you who don't know what MNC-I means, it means Multi National Corps-Iraq. And the meaning of what group I am in and the level of it is this! The CORPS level in the Army is the level above a group of Divisions in which this case it is in charge of ALL Army elements in Iraq.
Evidently the CORPS makes and enforces policy for Army elements in Iraq. This is nice in the fact that you are pretty high on the food chain for the Army in Iraq. It also lets you see all the things that go on at that level and trickle on down to the unit level where you hear all the people complain about "They just don't understand what it's like to be at this level!" I am here to say, THAT IS A GOOD ASSESSMENT!! They probably know what it is like but have forgotten along the way, as it IS a good ol boys network! No bout adout it! So anyways, people are coming in from all over the country for a 3 or 4 day period and you probably all know it gets to be bootlicking time! In fact a couple minutes ago the SGM called and wanted us to pick up a Colonel at the Palace and drive him to the JVB!!! 2 frickin blocks!!! I don't get the mindframe of some people! But, as I have said continuosly the past weeks, I am tired of being here! Not really sucky here, but I am tired of being away from home, family, friends, green grass, my bed. Tired of being in the Army, in a military mode, in uniform EVERYDAY! Tired of the smells, the voices of the same people, the food, the weapon I have to carry, my desk, my computer, and my loose stools! Oooops, did I say that last one out loud? Sorry!!!!

Anyways, thats how we ALL feel, even the gung ho people like our Curt! Right! But we all DO feel the same way! Don't cry for me Argentina! I just was spewing froth!

So I had nothing today, and I had no real interesting pics so I started taking pics of my face in a bad mood, then I started to have fun, and it ended up that I put on my Rasta hat and tried to chop at Curt! Turns out he is a robot, so it didn't even faze him! Well, then I figured I would show my article in the SWC Bulletin from home, and then got the energy to go out and chop a couple branches the everyone complains about hitting when we play horshoes! Well, only the sucky people!
Well, I had an upswing in hits yesterday by about 300 more than normal, so it might have had something to do with my mention in the StarTrib!
OK, now I will add about the Vikings that I will NOT talk about them on my post NOR will I watch them ANYMORE this year! (Unless they win like 2 in a row)!
Also, to my brother in law Ryan! Don't think I am not reading the froth YOU are spewing about me tape recording my thoughts or writing them on the computer! Listen Bro, this is serious business! My brain is SO complex that I simply do not have enough time to get ALL the great ideas from my head to my fingers to type it without forgetting something!
Kidding dude! If I shorten that explaination up a little into 1 word I would call it LAZINESS!!

Later,
Erik

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AP's asap Opens For Business
Network Live: Looking For A Good Night To Go With Bon Jovi's "Nice Day" : I never could have ... The exclusive features include the reminiscence of a former White House correspondent about biking with the First Biker but I'd have expected something more current like a Katrina notebook.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hot tub site/blog. It pretty much covers
hot tub related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

September 20, 2005 3:49 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Thanks Anonymous,
I am glad you enjoyed my site!
I will FOR SURE check out your hot tub site! What the heck, how did you know I would like hot tubs?
And the fact that you know I like Bon Jovi is just amazing! Thanks for taking the time to bookmark me, I have heard SO many people in the past couple months tell me they want to bookmark me! I am flattered!!!!!
NOW I AM COMING TO STALK YOU!!!!!!!

September 20, 2005 5:20 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

OH yeah, and DUH!!!!!
I would hope your loser site that is a HOT TUB site would "pretty much" cover HOT TUB related stuff!
I thought it might at first sell skis and snowboards!!!!

September 20, 2005 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I don't give you crap who is?!
But it is all out of love, you see if i didn't care i would waste my time.

Ryan

September 20, 2005 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, you guys crack me up

September 20, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Soon Erik very soon, this too will pass. Stay safe

September 20, 2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

LOL...glad you turned it into fun...I like the pics!

P.S. Bon Jovi rocks!

September 20, 2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

AT LEAST YOU ENDED WITH A LITTLE FUN. TELL CURT TO LIGHTEN UP, AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN WITH YOU.

September 20, 2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Have a great Day Sgt Erik!

Maybe the hot tub person would like to give you and your wife a hot tub when you return to the states??

Just a thought... working on this thinking postive - yeah - it doesn't really work....Stay safe!

September 20, 2005 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I was thinking about your pics and the pharse "all work and no play makes Erik a dull boy" popped into my head!
Ryan

September 20, 2005 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

February 04, 2007 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work withdrawal problems celexa email marketing email email lists email promotion email

February 21, 2007 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C