Sunday, October 30, 2005

A 3 hour tour!! A 3 HOUR TOUR!!!!





No it's not Gilligans Island, but Saddam's Island, or USED to be Saddams' Island!
I knew one of the routes I use for my running I had to get back around with my camera, so why not on a Sunday, take a few hours and walk it with the camera. So I did. I got tons of pics that I had always wanted to get a different viewpoint of! So I set off on the trek around the lake!
Now of course when I go around this route of the lake my pit stop always is the Australian pool.
Now as for my Snake Bites and my thoughts on things these days, well, I don't really feel like thinking today, and I don't have any controversy in my mind, so I will not do Snake Bites today, and I have not done the for awhile, so if you liked them I guess I will have to do them as the ideas come up!
I did a VTC(video teleconference call) with Missy and the kids last night, and that is always cool to see them and talked to them. To see the sexiness of my wife and how much the children are growing is very cool.
I guess tommorrow is Halloween, and I remember last year I went to a party and our friend's Rod and Denises, and I WON best cosume as I dressed up in my BDU's and put all my equipment on and camo'd up. Of course this Halloween I am an Army guy AGAIN, but really no other options can be found for a costume! That is cool though, I already ate all the Halloween candy my wife sent!
Have a great Sunday!!
Later,
Erik


12 Comments:

Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said...

I know you don't make money off your site...my wish? That EVERY person that visits via my blog will comment, just to tell ya thanks for all you do. My new favorite saying? "IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK A TEACHER, IF YOU CAN READ IT IN ENGLISH...THANK A SOLDIER!!" Err...Thanks Erik!! An oldie, but a definite goodie!!! (And when you get back and get your plans in order, you'll get the donations, for your VERY worthy cause!!)

October 30, 2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Wonderful pictures Erik. Thanks for sharing them with up.

October 30, 2005 8:18 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
How great that you and your family got to see each other - you must be so proud of them - and I KNOW they are proud of you. I am too. The pictures are great and you must be seeing everything through a slightly different perspective now that you are looking toward home.
I will follow Momsgoneloony's example and say THANK YOU. People like you, my children, and all who fight with you and have fought before you are why there is another oldie but goodie which is on a magnet on my car:
"Land of the Free
because of the brave."
God bless you my friend.

October 30, 2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey Erik -
Was thinking of you and Missy today -- I'm excited to read that you got to video conference with them!! That's great. Hope your wife and kids are in good spirits waiting for your return; let me know if I can help your family out in any way.
Emily

October 30, 2005 10:24 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I am so glad that you got to talk to Mis & the kids... how awesome is that!

Thanks again for sharing your pictures! Have a good day and Stay safe- if you need some more Halloween candy let me know - we are supposed to have close to 500 kids come on Monday night - but the weather looks like it will be uncooperative...sooo we may have lots of leftovers - (any favs?) stay safe!

October 30, 2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

I guess some places in Iraq do look like paradise...you know, "The Garden of Eden".
Happy Halloween Erik...BOO!

October 30, 2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger barb pfister said...

Glad you got to talk to Missy and the kids. Love the pictures, keep them coming. Have a good and safe day.
Barb

October 30, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Thanks for the pictures, that's some pool! Glad you got to "see" the wife and kids! I know you can't wait to really see them...I hope thats soon!

Stay safe!

October 30, 2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

As always I enjoy the pictures!

October 31, 2005 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the pictures and view of your life over there. I'm sure your family misses you. Be sure we appreciate all you are doing and the position it puts your family in as well. Bless your Heart. I'm SO glad you have the technology to speak and see your loved ones while you are away. Again, my appreciation to you and all of our troops over there and around the world.

Margie

November 02, 2005 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info m26t web banking and bill pay C&c casino trips cincinnati Call center association philippine Smartprice.com pay bill online Pay utilities bill blackberry massive tone traumreise text Bench covers seat automatic ice cream machines Black decker odc325 coffee maker alaska kasilof laser tatoo removal 32 flat screen tvco Kundalini tantra gay couples

February 16, 2007 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! here

March 17, 2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C