Close...........but I got lucky!

Well, part of my bad day yesterday consisted of me losing ALL the pictures off my computer.
This means ALL Iraq pictures since I have been here, and family ones my wife had sent , and from before I left! I was sweating so many bullets, and you know that hot feeling that comes over you when you realise CRAP, I am having that HOT feeling!
I have found MOST of them, and am relieved, and maybe I have not been giving my wife enough attention lately, so I will a little now.
You all know how I speak of my wife, that she is so awesome, and has really found out a lot about herself this year, and just grown to be a more complete person since I have been gone.
Yes, she has had to deal with a lot of crap from outside of the fact I have been gone, but she has been resilient, and strong throughout!
I am proud that the kids have her as a mother, and I was lucky enough to snag her!
Mis, I love you and thanks for being my wife!
BTW Less than as month to go before our 10th Anniversary, and coincidently my birthday, and also coincidently for me, Veterans Day! So I will get 3 presents!
That is Novemeber 11th if you didn't know when Veterans day was, and of course I will be 21 years old!
Later,
Erik











14 Comments:
21 Erik. Na, don't try and feed us that line. Not happening an dnot buying that one.
I am so glad that you have found your pictures. They are priceless, especially when you are 7000 miles away from your family.
Hope that today is much better for you.
21 hmmm you must have been quite the active teen....LOL.
Glad you got your pictures back...especially when you are so far from home, those are the ones that are the most important!
Happy birthday Erik!!!!
You're gonna be only 21? Wow. I just thought you were older than that.
I just assumed.
And happy anniversary and happy veterans day!
Well, of course I am not 21 as that would have made me 11 when I got married, and 6 when I went in the army! I don't even WISH I was 21.
Please allow me to buy what I assume will be your first beer ever since you are just now turning 21 and kids don't drink before it is legal.
Seriously happy birthday and anniversary and Veteran's Day? Are you supposed to say Happy Veteran's Day? I'm not sure. All I know is I have off work that day and will be thinking of you and all the other brave men and women who ever fought for us and made me feel safe. Also I will be sleeping in. In your honor. :)
sorry Erik, thought you knew. Hubby and I lost the baby.
We'll try again soon.
And I could've sworn you were 21! lol!
maybe I read it wrong
erik - I hate to admit it - but you are probably right. Thanks for the comment on my blog.
I think that was a typo. Did you mean 51?
Eric,
Well just so you know how I got here I am Heather's sister. I am also in the military (of course the better branch....AF...jk) Happy Birthday, Anniversary, and of course Veterans Day... if only all of us Veterans could have that day off.
BTW from Heather's last blog (which was so long ago) your comment was great, but I wanted to know what the color would be called with the different shades or perhaps corn was involved.... I talked to Heather and she said you had a great sense of humor and I should pose this question to you as I did her.
Hope all is as well as it can be over there. I am sure I will be there sooner than I or my family want me to be.
Whew! Glad you found those pictures. Maybe you should back them up. That is why i don't like storing my pics only on the puter. I like picture albums. I print most of mine out... especially the best ones.
10 years of marriage and a birthday. What a great birthday present you got 10 years ago.
I'll have to remember your B-day.
Stay safe Erik and have a nice day!
Erik,
I seem to be running a day behind lately in replying to your posts.
:( But I am glad that you found your pictures...and you are so right about Mis - I have never met her but feel as though I have known her for years. Wish you could celebrate together.
Veteran's day will mean a lot to Ron and I this year too - not only is Ron a veteran of the VietNam war, but Laurie can celebrate as a veteran this year too. HOOAH!!
Take care and God bless you and your family..and your "family" over there too as they serve with you.
Well remember you have uploaded a TON of photos on Flickr so you really didn't lose ANY of those. ;)
Also - as a wife who has been married for 17 years, but REALLY has been a SINGLE WOMAN/MOM I can tell you that it's not that bad. It does make a strong, capable, amazing woman out of us. ;)
It might even be worse for you... she gets to have the kids there and be in your home, in your town, with a normal (? LOL) life, while you are so far away, alone (meaning not with the kids and her).
Me and my 'married single mom' friends all agree it's not that bad and perhaps the guys have it harder. *wink*
I'm glad you found most of the pics - and I do indeed know that awful sinking feeling!
And just how many times have you celebrated your 21st so far?
*ducks and runs*
nice blog enjoyed it :)
Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
so cant wait for ur next post! :)
Thanks!!
Post a Comment
<< Home