Monday, October 03, 2005

Let's Play Hockey!!!!!!!















Looks like I am catching a fish!
I could only be so lucky!




Ron Burgundy? No, it's Erik(Eticket)Holtan


For those of ya'll that are not hockey fans, I thought I would let you know that I am, and I am from MN, so it is a good bet I would find some value out of hockey! Anyways, the NHL starts up on Wednsday for the Minnesota Wild at the Xcel Energy Center. I will tell you what! If you have't been to the Xcel in St. Paul for ANYTHING let alone a Wild game you are really missing out! That place is THE best arena I have ever been to. I have ben to a few Wild games, a couple concerts, and some Team USA games there. It is awesome!
So the Wild have this thing before the game where they have a local celebrity or contest winner announce the saying "Let's play hockey!" before the game, and it's cool! Minnesota, as the Wild Marketing Dept. coins the stae of MN, the State Of Hockey! So it is obviously big for us!
OK, so this morning, I was chosen to say the "Let's Play Hockey" for the home opener. At least I taped a message for that game, and I think I said "This is Erik Holtan from the Minnesota Army National Guard, and I am in Camp Victory Iraq and I want to welcome the NHL and Minnesota Wild back to Minnesota for another exciting year of hockey! LET'S PLAY HOCKEY!"
Yep, that was me and I have pictures to prove it! I am posting it today. Also, next month I will be doing something similar to that for the Timberwolves, and Missy and the kids are suppose to go. I don't know if they will be shown, but they get tickets for that game, and will see my message. I think it is the November 9th game, but I know it is against the Lakers! So maybe I will slip in a message like this "Kobe Bryant, welcome to the Target Center, now keeps your hands off the ladies! How's Shaq?"
OK well, the next post for me will be th 200th, and it is gonna be a doozy! There is gonna be games, rides, freakshows, cakewalks, cotton candy, and prizes! Actually, I haven't really thought about it, BUT, I do have a couple of interactive ideas in mind that I might impliment!
Stay Tuned, and have a great Monday!
Later,
Erik

10 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

That sounds great Erik. I hope you get to post that message for Mis. and your kids. That is so cool.
Hey, I see that they are still trying to recruit you to work at home.

October 03, 2005 3:45 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

Now I am getting mad at the spammers! They are always the first post!
I still am not gonna put up the little mixed letter thing!

October 03, 2005 3:59 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Hope the kids & Mis get to see your promo (or whatever it's called). The pics below are great -your wife is beatiful - and your kids are just adorable... Have a great day - Stay safe!

October 03, 2005 5:48 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wow, we have a celebrity in our presence!! GO Erik!!

GORGEOUS family (carry over comment from below) as always!

October 03, 2005 7:36 AM  
Blogger April M. Shah said...

Thanks for the Happy Birthday Erik! Your wonderful!

October 03, 2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Gee, can I have your autograph?
*grin*

Sounds like you enjoyed the 'extra duty' of recording it. Love the pics of the family as well!

October 03, 2005 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep your head down over there.

October 03, 2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

beautiful family! and that's such an awesome honor from the Wild and T'wolves! (but perfectly fitting!) Used to be a big Blackhawks fan in the late 60's -early 70's (Keith Magnussen, the Orr Brothers, etc.)... but when they lost The Cup in the third overtime (!) of the final game one year, my heart was broken and I have never been to a game since... Some things are just too painful. But the Kobe/Shaq thingsure would be funny!

October 03, 2005 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

February 07, 2007 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

March 06, 2007 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C