Sunday, October 23, 2005

On the road again.....

My travels have brought me this week to the high desert wonderland of Taqqadum Airbase(TQ). Wonderland it ISN'T, although I was here back in May, and at that time I had taken a convoy from Ar Ramadi(NOT A GOOD PLACE), so TQ was a breath of fresh air. Now coming via Victory, it leaves a lot to be desired, but I am a spoiled brat from Baghdad, and can't really complain. Although I WILL complain about this idiot Marine, who upon our arrival, and waiting for our ride, as I had Curt take a picture of me, told me that picture was my one FREEBIE, and if I took another he would take my camera. So I got a free one! Yeah right dude. I told him, Hmmm.. I didn't know you couldn't take pictures of BARREN desert and I did not see any postings saying you couldn't photo anything. FREAKBALL, he just scoured at me after that, and staired me down til he left. Just because your a Marine doesn't mean I can't outthink you!!! (Kidding, sorry for the stereotype). Sometimes you would think that Marines are in a totally different side than you are, because they are so out there in being Marines, and it seems hard for them to conform to any other branches ideals. That is my take on it anyways.
Oh well, I videoed the whole flight from Victory to the stop downtown(6 Min) and it was a gorgeous day, and I think I got great footage. On through the stop at Fallujah, and to TQ.
In 20 minutes it seems like a whole different world, from Green Palm Trees to Sand Dunes, and blown up (old) Iraqi armored vehicles from some very one sided battles from back in the day!
Well, everyone have a great start to the week and I will update if I am up to it!
Later,
Erik

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
Wow...I was reading the responses to yesterday's post, and wondering if you had traveled yet (praying while I am thinking)when Ron went to our son's house, brought back our 16 month old grand daughter (I LOVE being a grandma) and in the time it took to give her some lunch and change her, I refreshed the page and here you were. I am thankful that you made it there safely my friend. Just to say hi and to let you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers this week.
God bless you friend and teach those guys well so you won't have to go back there before you come home. :)

October 23, 2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Stay safe Erik! I'll be looking for your next post. God bless

October 23, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Hiya Erik...have a great week! Oh and the Buckeyes are at Minnesota this week...gonna kick some butt we are!!

October 24, 2005 6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, that blown up vehicle is from when Elise and Kerry tried to hot wire that thing into the night club.... girls will be girls!

Anyway, glad you got out of the shots business!

Ran into our old buddy the other day - that is right - the black cat in the center of all the photos!

October 24, 2005 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.foto-upskirt.info http://www.free-cgi-hosting.info/order-tadalafil-270.html Interni dell&apos audi rsq What other purpose can i use provigil Aim arizona internet marketing 3 http://www.levels-cholesterol.info/level-cholesterol.html keyword online casino black jack Silver street jewelry in houston tx black jack for fun site Hamburg spins roulette Incorporate at onlysearchresults com central voyeur beach images Maryland mitsubishi dealers haier ventless washer dryer winning blackjack game blackjack products lowest prices at dealtime Amateur teens pictures Weight loss results on adipex Us credit cards bad debts 5 star travel guides

February 15, 2007 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Budget debt variety student credit cards 1 order ultram diet phentermine pill awnings Unitech pt630 wireless barcode scanner dvd players kopen donald trump fragrance Camera digital online print Baccarat crystal butterflies hosting provider merchant account Offshore internet merchant account international merchant card services Compare sildenafil vardenafil tadalafil pics of shaved woman heads eyebrows and vagina Land rover part series 1

February 23, 2007 3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Chrome rims buick lesaber 2000 from dealer Free cabinet designer obtain vardenafil hcl online Toyota carina at 192 engine parts'. Land rover premier luxry http://www.phentermine-online-9.info/Cancer.html bangkok botox thailand Isuzu dealers vardenafil dosage

March 02, 2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C