Wednesday, October 26, 2005




















Well, we are back from our mission at TQ, and it was a good mission, and would like to say we are happy to be back, but the politics were NOT missed, but as we deal with that, take a look at some pictures from the trip. Thanks to the 2/28th BCT for the hospitality out west.
We were able to hop a Marine Chinook out of TQ, and go to the IZ(Downtown), and then wait an hour and BINGO, back to Victory. It feels kind of free to not really have a plan getting somewhere, and that is the way it works when you have to travel here. You have to get a flight somewhere, and when you get there wait to get to the next place. Kinda cool, as you get to see some places you would not normally see!
Let me explain some of these pics!
One is of me standing next to an old bomber at TQ!
One is the "FREE" one that the long sleeve tshirt wearing Marine gave me after Curt took the picture!
One is downtown, at the Tomb of the unknown soldier, and in the back of that is CrosSabers, and the parade stadium I had been to last year!
The last one is the high desert battlefield of old, and you can see remnants of the origional war and armored vehicles in their bunkers!
Later,
Erik

13 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Erik.
It's always such a good thing to read that you have returned. And now, there is one more post we are all awaiting more than any other - "BACK IN THE USA!!"
The pictures are great - you've really taken us all on a trip Erik...but the greatest blessing will be in the homecoming. That's what we all wait for.
Counting down with you my friend.
God bless you.

October 26, 2005 4:14 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Glad that you are back at your camp. The pictures are great Erik.

October 26, 2005 5:47 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Erik - those pics are awesome!

October 26, 2005 6:50 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Erik - those pics are awesome!

October 26, 2005 6:50 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

You take some great pics! Thanks for sharing these.

October 26, 2005 7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Jon loves Sally!
Ryan

October 26, 2005 7:17 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Those pictures are great. The ENTIRE family liked them. Funny how I have never met you and Mis and I have told my family all about you guys. Okay, mushyness ahead. I really have a soft spot in my heart for the two of you and think about Mis often. I know she misses you so much. Okay, that's it!!! I'll check in again soon Jerk Ass.;)

October 26, 2005 7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

RRRRRIIIIIGHT! - Why don't ya' just tell them the truth - It is just a picture of a bunch of sand!

I'm glad you're not out galavanting around anymore! It was way past your curfew you know?!

Have a great Thursday! I'M NUMBER 10!!

October 26, 2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Wow, thanks for sharing the photos - I'd probably never see them if you hadn't shared them.

Very cool...Glad you are back at your camp and the travels went well.

October 26, 2005 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're back and safe. :)

October 26, 2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. Thanks for the pictures. I always like to see pictures.

October 27, 2005 2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

March 04, 2007 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! film editing schools

March 14, 2007 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C