Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Better get the ark!




Yes, it rained last night and this morning, and I LOVE it. I have waited for rain since March so this was nice to see! I did want it to rain during daylight so I could test out the PDHA river, but I will take it. Here is the problem with the rain here. The mud that forms from the dust mixed with the rain is just thick putty. It weighs your shoes down and becomes heavy to walk with. The clean up in the office is tough as well, but the trees needed that good washing, and now finally people tend to say on the path of my landscaping! If they don't, well as you can see in the puddles they will carry that around on their shoes! I did go for my 3 1/2 mile run and you can see that when I came back I looked like a mudflap from a semi!
Today was/is the Surgeons conference so we will now commence driving people back to the flights they will be taking. Took this guy out yesterday for a tour, because he asked, and I showed him some sights, and got a coin from it, so Curt was jealous that he didn't go!
Our days here right now aside from the conference consist of not too much(If you ask Curt, he will tell you we did nothing the WHOLE time we have been here.) but waiting for our day to leave, and we have our party they are throwing for on Sunday! So Monday I will give up my my TV, and DVD player and Gamecube so that will be sad!(Hey, I'm a GUY, that is emotional)!
Have a great day in the states, and all you in Minnesota, bundle up, and shovel my driveway for my wife please!!!! Mis, I love you, I can't say that enough!

Later,
Erik

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
It looks like you've been busy over there with the conference - stay safe on your way to and from those flights that people are taking. Funny that Mis mentions the hype and no action...we have stopped listening to the weatherman cause we can never count on what he says about the storms (but we are supposed to get hit tonight and tomorrow :).
Counting those days (well kind of since I don't know the exact day...but waiting for that picture.)
Take care Erik - may God keep you safe.

November 16, 2005 4:01 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

I beat you can't wait to see snow again! Nice pics of the semi-muddy environment!

November 16, 2005 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik - No snow, but plenty of cold wind! Winter is finally here. Yuck.

Love the photos!

November 16, 2005 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh...go figure. Here in Cheeseland we've got 2 inches, lots o' ice, and it's still snowing! Can't wait to have you home again Erik - Christmas just isn't the same without you! :) And this year, it's all you can eat lutefisk! As my welcome home gift I'll give you my portion...haha!

Jess

November 16, 2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

We got maybe 1/2 inch of snow - and it'll be gone by tomorrow - we do have some chilly temps!

Not much longer and you'll be home - stay safe!

November 16, 2005 6:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'd love to send you the excess rain from Seattle, Erik - if I could only figure out how to ship it there ;-)

Love the leg shot ... Whoot!

November 16, 2005 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Winfixer 2005 block pop up ad infiniti q45 transmissions microsoft virus scan beta periconne face lift diet Sipix digital camera infiniti car for sale Australia interior design decorate academy camping trailer and atv hauler Infiniti dealers in tulsa

February 21, 2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C