Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Anniversary Melissa Holtan!!!!




Today is a day I have been excited about for awhile now, and being in Iraq has helped me learn more about myself, but it has also helped me learn more about the LOVE I have for my wife and family! Most people that know me just know how much EVERYTHING revolves around family for Mis and I, and I guess tht is what drew us together 11 1/2 years ago. We were at the same point in our lives and were looking for the same thing. Well, if some don't know that the first time I met her was in our NG unit(She was in the Army as well). Well, I had transferred from my first NG unit after active duty and my first drill in Cottage Grove I saw her in the FRONT of the chow line, while I was in back, and from the back of her head, I honestly thought: "She would make an awesome wife" Yep, never met her before, but I thought that. I got her!
Well, we have been married 10 great years, and for people who say marriage is hard, well, I guess I am lucky, because with you Mis, it is EASY! Life is easier with you as my wife. Life is more fun with you as my wife. Life is in focus because you are my wife.
I can say times get tough, and a lot of people do say that about relationships. Our relationship is NEVER tough. She is the one I WANT to go to with EVERY crisis, and every downfall. She is the one who supports me know matter WHAT dumb comment I make. She lets me be me, and I am greatful! Yes, we truly are ONE! And I am better as a person because she has blessed my life as my partner!
Mis, you sent me this sweet ring that I am posting a picture of and if I can tell a story of the origional ring that I got married with. Yes, for ME, it is a little embarrassing, but the fall we got married, I was gonna pay for college, so I stopped by the financial institution she worked at and got $ to pay for tuiton. Well, I don't know if we agree who's idea it was to give me $1000 in cash, but whatever, I left with $1000 cash to go and pay. Well, I think I may have even joked with her about passing right by the college and going to Mystic Lake Casino with all that loot, and trying my hand at Blackjack!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!, you say right? Well, I will be damned if that isn't EXACTLY what happened, I passed right by the college, and went to Mystic Lake.
3 days later, Mystic Lake had completed the transaction for me of withdrawing my money!
Not my most shining moment, so we were scheduled to buy MY wedding ring, or actually had already bought it, and needless to say, we took it back and bought one for $1000 cheaper!
That is no joke, and neither is gambling. Although I love it and to play Blackjack, I learned my lesson!
So back to the day, Mis, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF! I am a better person because of you, and you make me whole! Thank YOU for loving me!
I am sorry I cannot be there this day, I will have PLENTY to give you when I get back.
Thank you for the ring, the picture collages , and for choosing ME!
Thanks for helping me create the best kids in the world!
I LOVE YOU!
Erik

14 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Erik (and Mis),
It feels like I am intruding this morning as I post to the beautiful words you have written to each other. So I will just say Happy Anniversary to a couple who obviously understand every word in your marriage vows - and keep them sacred.
God Bless you both - it's a blessing to know you.

November 11, 2005 4:14 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Erik and Missy. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Thanks you both for sharing these beautiful stories with us today on such a special day. Happy Birthday Erik. Hope it is the best it can be in Iraq.

November 11, 2005 5:39 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Happy Anniversary Mis and Erik!!

November 11, 2005 8:01 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I side with Sue - I feel like I'm peeking in on a beautiful moment. But I was deeply moved by both of your posts (printed them off and sent them to Dan) and I wanted to say thank you, to the both of you, for your amazing example of marriage. You're not only a great example to "newbies" like myself and Dan, but to your children. That's so awesome that they can see you two treat each other like royalty and mega-sweethearts. Bless you for your shining example of marriage -- ESPECIALLY (!!) during a deployment. Dan and I will continue to pray for you both -- not only with requests on your behalf, but in praise and thanks for your blessing in our lives. Happy Anniversary!

Dan and Emily

November 11, 2005 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet post! It sounds like mis is just as lucky to have you in her life as well.

I'm up; happy birthday and happy anniversary!

November 11, 2005 9:38 AM  
Blogger SeeingDouble said...

Happy Anniversary!!

November 11, 2005 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erik. That post made me cry, and I'm not your wife!

The love you too share is a very rare blessing.

Congrats and happy anniversary.

November 11, 2005 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a very big Happy Anniversary to you two! The love makes me smile and dance in my seat. Ten years later, I'm still overjoyed by what excellent choice you two made, and that choice has made the world a better place live in so many ways. You both are fine human beings in my book!

Cannot wait for December!!

Thanks for the memories, love you both,
-MarkH

November 11, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Veterans Day. Thanks for all you do as a Veteran. Stacie

November 11, 2005 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey erik,
Today has been so busy I had to forgo my morning ritual and not check your website first thing in the AM so I am # 13 for posts.
Have a very happy birthday and Congrats on 10 years to you and Missy.
Ryan

November 11, 2005 2:29 PM  
Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said...

Erik & Mis,
A very, very Happy Anniversary, I hope it's the last one you'll spend apart.
Erik,
My Very Best Wishes on Your Birthday, and mine and my family's heartfelt appreciation on Veteran's Day. Thank you.

November 11, 2005 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Eric & Mis!

November 12, 2005 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

February 14, 2007 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

February 21, 2007 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C