Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!


Look at the scum that floats on top the lake here!!!!!!

Alright, now that I have your attention, I just don't have a concentrated issue to talk about. Nothing passionate is stuck in my craw, so I might just touch on a couple of things lightly.
No, I didn't post yesterday, sorry Ryan! I actually, could not find the same pictures I thought I found a month ago. I have MOST of them and was able to locate some of them in the hard drive, but the biggest disappointment is that EVERYTHING from when I went home on leave, right on through leave, and when I was in the IZ for a couple weeks. This includes the video of me walking into the hospital room when Mis and the kids were in there, and they had NO CLUE I was even gonna come home. So, somehow I hope I can find them.
OK, we had elections in the states yesterday, and not too glamorous of issues, HOWEVER, in San Francisco they had the issue of banning military recruiters from schools to recruit kids.
Everyone knows I am not too gung ho of a military guy, and am more civilianized than military, BUT, WHERE DO THESE PARENTS THINK OUR FUTURE FORCES WILL COME FROM?
This NOT ONLY includes Active Duty, but Reserve, and NG! These are the same people who, during a major ass earthquake would be called up to help your ass survive! When California falls into the Ocean we will be here to help you. When you have those damn wildfires, we will help. I know some people like San Francisco, and the rice they make there, but I have no real craving to save it from falling into the ocean during that earthquake, and I don't want to be the one called up to save the people who voted to ban recruiters because they had low NG and reserve strength in that area.
Another thing! What is wrong with the United States? I mean REALLY, why is everyone SO disgruntled with things? Why do we spend SO much energy ripping the other half of Americans who DON'T politically agree with us, and do NOTHING about it?
This country is STILL the most POWERFUL, RICH, GENEROUS, DEVELOPED country in the world, and maybe that has ever been, but all we do is find fault! I blame a lot of that on the media! Mainly because someone has to tell us about things for us to be pissed!
Please JOHN McCAIN, run for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Later,
Erik

***************Let me put a disclaimer up!!! Yep, I said John McCain, mark it down!
Also, I didn't mean to offend ALL Californians saying they should fall into the Ocean, that would not be a good thing, BUT if it did happen and they need help I hope they wouldn't blame it on the lack of NG troops! I only meant to offend the Californians who would vote to keep recruiters out of schools! YES, it does seem annoying to have military reps go to schools at lunch hours and stuff, but I have done school visits, and a lot of kids have GREAT questions, and if a college can do it, then military can! After all a lot of colleges get a lot of tuition from G.I. Bill $, so remember Katrina, and how the MILITARY needed 40,000 people FAST!
OK, I guess I am taking SPF over this week from Katy as she is under the weather, so I was, and still will announce it tommorrow, but being that Friday is my birthday, anniversary, and Veterans day, you have 3 choices, count 'em 3! Show an anniversary picture, a birthday pic, or a pic of a Veteran in YOUR family! Try that out!************************

7 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

I hope the McCain thing was a joke?
Hey Erik, I heard Katy put you in charge of SPF. Since it is Veterans Day and your birthday. We can either do a Veteran Day theme or a happy birthday theme.
Just a suggestion.

November 09, 2005 5:20 AM  
Blogger Erik Holtan said...

No Cathy,
It wasn't a joke, I like McCain!
Integrity, and remember he is NOT against the military, and Toni's "view" of his amendment, is not a loser for the military, unless you believe you SHOULD hurt torture, etc. the enemy POW's!
Nope, I will never believe that we should torture them for NO reason.
The military knows what torture is, and it really is not up to the public to decide what is! So Toni, are you for the law that says the US can't assasinate another countries leader? Ya think! It was put there for a reason, to CYA for people that might misuse the authority! Just like this. You want to give them a ticket to torture, you will have problems. Geneva Convention states you cannot do it, that won't change, and we ARE part of that.
Yep, Let's get him to run!

November 09, 2005 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thanks Erik. As a Californian I like to know how people just want us to fall in the ocean.
I do understand your point about recruiting though.
But don't be mean to Californians because of a few of them.

November 09, 2005 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erik did you download that pisca program?
Ryan

November 09, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I'm not saying a word about the political stuff...

I'm glad Katy tagged you to be her stand in this week, you're a good man Charlie Brown.

November 09, 2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Glad you took charge with the SPF theme! Now we know what to do.. hope you get the pictures/videos etc found.

November 09, 2005 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the whole America thing. Why do people continue to complain? They need to complain to make themselves feel important.

UGH!

November 09, 2005 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C