Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I am trying this!!!!!!



Aside from my day yesterday which was crappy to say the least, to which I was accused of "losing my military bearing" from the SGM, even though I was pretty respectful for what I was thinking. Either way that is the biggest pet peeve in the military is that no matter if something doesn't make any sense, it is no ones right to question the order! It is very hard for me, I will be honest, because I have a lot of my own opinions and being outspoken sometimes IS NOT a good thing. I think it is, but doesn't mean it hasn't worked against me in the past! Oh well, all you can do is go with what you believe!

As I am typing this I am trying to upload a helicopter video that I took recently. If it works I am set and have tons of more video clips to put up. If it doesn't work I am not gonna put too much effort into trying!

I really have not that much to post, hence therefore my late posts. But I look at my site and it is boring with no new updates. I have been consolidating a lot of music and getting certain things together so I won't do it last minute before we ditch here!

To Jen Torgerson in Kuwait!!!!!! Chill the heck out!! You and Pavel have gotten PLENTY of press on my site from Kuwait, And I asked Pavel if she wanted me to hook you up along with her, and she said you would probably get mad. Besides, Atz man, your lover is already down there! Now, CHILL!!!! OK, now I am in trouble!

As I keep stalling to see if the video is done, the house is CROWDED around here. We have so many new people as units have been changing out and al the new Joes are wearing the new ACU's! This would be the new Army uniform that I don't have yet, and they are more like a green version of the Navy and Marine get up. This way we never have to have the brown desert uniform and the regular green uniform we wear in the states. The people wearing them all complain that it's HOT in those things over here. Looks like it. The DCU's we wear right now are not too bad! Anyway, you can tell the new units have a garrison attitude but will break in over the course of the deployment. The longer you are here most people treat this Hardship Duty for what it is......Hardship Duty!! That is why we get Hardship Duty pay. Doesn't always sound great when we say people bend the rules here and don't give and take the respect over here as seriously. Especially as the year goes on. A lot of people (most) are in that category, including myself at times! It must be the environment!

OK I don't have patience to wait for that video, so I will dig for pics! And I am enjoying a little Lionel Richie, for your information! "We were runnin........runnin with the night"

Later,
Erik

8 Comments:

Blogger Choppzs said...

I remember constantly hearing about how frustrating it was that my husband couldn't speak his mind!! It was at that point I wanted to step in and say something (since we wives know we can't technically get in trouble, but we sure as hell can get our hubbies into some deep shit!). Luckily for my husband I always kept my mouth closed and just let him deal with it the way he needed too!! I hope you have the patience to just let it go and do what you need to do!!

Your kids and wife look great in their photos!! I hope your time to go home comes soon!!!

November 02, 2005 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you didn't know I have a tendancy to be opinonated too! I don't take orders well(ask my wife)
Anyway I found a program that I was looking for. It is a free download that will organize your pictures. If the pictures you lost are still on your computer it WILL find them http://picasa.google.com/index.html

I wont be checking in from Thursday afternoon until Monday. Off to shoot bambi.

Ryan

November 02, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi Erik,
I hear you loud and clear on the frustration part - you can only imagine how difficult it is to be a MOTHER and not say anything (it's what we do, you know). It's like Choppz says...not wanting to get our soldiers in trouble so I shut my mouth after I listen to whatever news my kids have to tell me about the Army. Lucky Ron gets to hear everything I would say to the Commander. :) (and he always says "yes dear.")
Changing of the guard over there sounds good Erik - means we can look forward to your homecoming soon.
God bless you.

November 02, 2005 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on that. I don't think I could follow an order that I didn't agree with.

Glad today is going better for you.

November 02, 2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

My friend's hubby got in big trouble for speaking his mind while over there - so watch it - we want you to be able to come home & on time to Mis and the kiddos - he was stuck over there for like an extra 6 wks, I am sure there was more to it than what I was told...but he has a mouth & an opinion, and is not afraid to speak it! I've heard "the only opinion to have in the army is that of the army's" ...

Have a good day - and stay safe!

November 02, 2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am sure you will get the new ACU's soon enough for sure. Hubby has them little maintance.LOL Dang to see a video would have been cool. We want some more voice posts.LOL Oh by the way before I forget you are It I tag you. LOL there are only a few blogs besides Katy Amy Jenna and they are already tagged from Christie. LOL So I tag you.

November 02, 2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger barb pfister said...

I think every soldier has that problem I know Michelle really does. She is always speaking her mind and getting in trouble, HMMMMM, I wonder where she gets that from. Great to hear your voice.
Have a safe day
Barbba

November 03, 2005 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read clean drive hard software Uk ford fiesta car engines A quad processing cpu desk top video cards Low fixed intrest credit cards Buspar word recall Peugeot repair 306 How to start a skin care business

March 03, 2007 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C