IT SMELLS IN HERE!
Yeah now that I have your attention, all I meant was that this internet room smells like a locker room. NOT a female locker room(Actually, I don't know what a female locker room smells like, but I would imagine not as bad as a males)
Today I slept in as I didn't have to catch ANY busses, and I probably needed it.
Pavel came up from Arifjan today to say see you later, and then she visited a unit from MN redploying in the next couple days that she used to be in. Thanks Pavel for being nice, and Torgerson, I KNOW for a FACT you had a SPA appointment at Arifjan today so thanks for taking the time out of your CRAZY schedule to say by to your WAR HEROES from Iraq! As you would say, I see how you are!( She failed to come today because she wasn't "feeling well"). SSG Russell came over as well. He isanother one that deployed with us, and him and Curt are tight so I know that Curt was enjoying seeing someone different. I love Russell as well, but I think Curt needed to see another "buddy"! So I have now seen all the people that came over with us except for the 4 that went to Afghanistan, and I think they will redeploy right from there, so I guess I will see them when I get back. The reason in a nutshell we are in Kuwait so long is that our Freedom Flight was scheduled for a certain day and you leave Iraq a set # of days out to wait here. Well, Thanksgiving happened and we didn't know if things would stack up down here, so we left BEFORE Thanksgiving to get down here. Now, we are NOT taking our origional flight, but one a little later, because it will fly DIRECTLY where we are going instead of stopping at the normal transfer point in the states, and being individual redeployers we have to take commercial air at that point. Well, we have WEAPONS, and they don't just let you banter those things about on planes, or so I have heard, so this alleviates some of the hassle, and we should be to where we are going at about the same time anyways.
Other than that it is definately warmer in Kuwait than it isin Iraq right now, and the last couple days have been around 80 and that makes for great sunning!
Have a great day and we'll post as exciting things happen!
Later,
Erik











15 Comments:
Hi Erik,
I love reading these posts - you sound so "un-stressed." And that is great! Hope your freedom flight is soon - and safe.
It's been awhile since I've been in a girls locker room and I have NEVER been in a guys locker room but I'd have to bet you are right.
:)
80. Hmmmm - not bad. Enjoy the sun while you can.
God bless you.
I am getting so excited. You are almost home. I don't mind that there are no pictures. I am just glad to read something from you still. It is nice to hear what you are going through with trying to get home. Man, I am so excited for you. Thanks for your service and just thanks for talking to Michelle and supporting her after her accident. You are wonderful!
My cookies are not enabled, so I can't post before I leave Kuwait so another commetn will sufice, and I don't know how many people go read comments, because I am not one to respond with a comment to a comment. ButI again will be out of the net for a little bit, and obviously that means traveling somewhere. I suppose that is a good thing. The next time I post I might be on U.S. soil! Kissing the ground.
Thanks for all the nice comments, and for all the support!
HAve a great start of the week!
Later,
Erik
Erik,
TRAVEL SAFE!!! God bless your journey home, my friend.
And once again, THANK YOU!!!
Glad you got some much needed R&R in before coming home - and glad you are on your way to US Soil! 80's? You are going to be in for a shock when you reach MN - it's in the low 50's today -but should be in the lower 20's by end of the week - I am sure you will take it though! Have a great trip home!
hehehe. :)
I bet you have a tremendously lovely farmers tan.;)
Take care and hope to have you back in the states soon!
Glad to hear the days are getting closer and that you are able to get some down time before you head home. You will appreciate that in the days to come.
Have a good and safe day
Barb
Checking in to say HELLO!
We can really sum this up in one word:
HOOOOOAHHH!!
Love and blessings to the Holtan family.
Thank You so much for your service and that of your family. WELCOME HOME!
OH MY GOSH! He is freakin' back on U.S. Soil. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I am so excited for you Mis and for Erik and the kids as well. Can't wait until he is actually home home. I bet you guys can't either. Man this is exciting news! Made my day to hear that. Thanks for keeping us updated Mis (since Erik is such a slacker!! JUST KIDDING)! Anyways glad to hear that he is back in the U.S. Make sure you give him a big hug for me when you see him Mis. You have got a wonderful guy there. But I am sure that you already knew that! Welcome Home Erik! Thanks for your service!
YEA SGT ERIK!!! and THANK YOU!! I am so glad you are back on US soil - and I am sure Mis and the kids can't wait for you to be back on the frozen tundra. Hope you all get to see each other soon... how awesome is that! Thanks again for everything you did in Iraq, and thanks to your family for sharing you with us!
Best regards from NY! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home