Less than 30 days!


In order these pictures are:-My flowers are blooming!
-NCO Induction Ceremony at the Palace!
-Sunday morning in front of the empty pool!
Yep, I told you I was gonna keep saying that for 30 days! And as I have been telling my wife everytime I talk to her, "Just 3 more months" No, she doesn't like that, but she knows I am joking! But we can put it this way, I will have turkey in Kuwait, if you know what I mean?
I have not done a SnakeBites for awhile, so hopefully quickly I can cook up a concoction, and dig into the vast cavern of my mind and spout some wisdom!
-Even though we were forced to go to this NCO(Non Commissioned Officer) Induction Ceremony last night I did learn a lot of tradition within the NCO Corps, and what they used to so for promotions, and how those traditions came about. Like the gifts of whiskey, wine, beer, and tobacco from various leader positions before battles. Great History, and I have said since I have been here that in the Corps level, there is a lot of nostalgia, and especially over here. They try to follow tradition to a T, and it is a bit CORNY at times. Especially since we are in a combat zone! I learned something though!
-Oh, and on the cheesing note, I often wonder what it is like to be a General, or a high ranking Sergeant Major who everytime they go to visit the troops, the troops are ready, and have spit shined and polished the area making it like it really isn't! I mean, if you have to do so much work to clean and decorate for 1 person to see how your area looks, then your area doesn't really look like that, does it? I just think it's funny! I would like to see those higher ups always visit unannounced, because then they might see the things the way they REALLY are. Also, if I am in a group and a General asks ME how things are going, and what am I supposed to say? Everyone always says things like "Great", "Couldn't be better", and "I LOVE being deployed". I guess it is the same in the corperate world, because right after that leader leaves, they should know that everyone will say it was a bunch of BS! Those are just my observations!
-Sounds like things are great now for Nick and Jessica! Great!
-Thanks for EVERYONES emails, posts, and well wishes for my birthday, and for our Anniversary! We both really appreciate the support!
-Has anyone seen that Will Ferrell SNL episode where he plays the cowbell player for Blue Oyster Cult, and Christopher Walkin plays the producer who keeps saying "We need more cowbell!" I just think that skit is my favorite with Will Ferrell!
-I heard that Colleen Rawley,, the "whistleblower" for the FBI on 9-11 in Minneapolis is running for Congress in Minnesota! I heard her say that the war in Iraq is UN winnable!! Huh, now she is a military expert? Ms. Rawley, first of all, that is an ignorant remark, because you don't know what the outcome is. I think the election for YOU is UNwinnable, because you are crying over spilt milk, and get a new issue like what is wrong with Minnesota, and what you can do to HELP our state! I think we have a good state, and you are gonna have to make thing look bad to win.
John Kline, I guess you won't have to clean out your office!
-Gophers play the Haweyes next week in the battle for the pig statue "Floyd of Rosedale"!
Vikings play tonite, and are ON AFN for my watching convenience!
I will choose to not watch it, just because of the lateness of it! I hope they both win though!
-I think it is time for me to go to chow!
Have a great Sunday!
Later,
Erik











2 Comments:
Hi Erik,
Note to self: Amongst the blessings to be thankful for this thanksgiving: A soldier named Erik will be eating dinner in Kuwait instead of Iraq. Not home...but closer to being there and being with those who love him.
Great post Erik.
Be safe my friend.
Guess what? I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell! Very funny skit - and you know what? I have the transcript. I'll send it to you. I'm a bit of a Will Ferrell fan.
Emily Bari
Post a Comment
<< Home