Paula Dean and Rachel Ray hour!



Before lunch today, as with most Mondays we have the TV on in the morning up at the office to watch how the NFL did. So after the 4 hours of SportsCenter they had 2 hours of Food Network, and my favorite Rachel Ray and then good ol down south Paula Dean, whom my wife and I like as well, so that is good to watch those things you watch at home for awhile.
But if I can make a comment about SportsCenter, and even Keith Berman, whom used to like, describing plays which used to be funny, and it gets old, and even in general SportCenter is SO corny, and the comments they make ad the way they talk just is SO stupid. And by the way, WHO CARES ABOUT TERRELL OWENS? So he got suspended for being an ass! That is what is SUPPOSE to happen to people that are NOT team players! If you are not into sports you probably don't care or know about T.O., but I do. I was a HUGE sports fan before I left, but from this perspective, you realize how spoiled rotten pro athletes are. They are, and NO ONE can tell me differently. Now whether you think they are spoiled brats is a different story!
I LOVE the Minnesota Wild, the NHL might have fixed things, so that is good. The Twins, I for the most part LOVE, but the same story line is getting old. I don't want them to move either.
Ok, now I took my Sunday Stroll around the big lake and to the pool, and seeing picture opportunties along the way. As luck would have it I came upon a funny scene. Golfing contests off the dock on part of the lake. And in an added twist they had 2 guys out in the lake rowing in a boat with their Kevlar's on and they were trying to hit them! Apparently this was the 2nd contest of the day! Longest Drive was the 1st one, and this "Hit the Boat" one was the 2nd one!
Man, I want to play next week, and I am glad I could get some pics of it!
Well, I got the word out that I was selling all my entertainment items. And lo and behold after telling 1 person Saturday I was ditching the stuff, I got a call today with someone wanting to buy my DVD player. Well, after I told her I had a TV, DVD player, Microwave, and GameCube with games, and about 50 movies. Well, minus the GameCube, I sold the rest for $100. I really don't try to make money, after all it is 220v so it won't work in the states anyways. I have a feeler out for the GameCube, so we'll see. Good thing is I sold it to a girl that is still in the tents so she doesn't need it right away, so I don't have to give it up til right before I leave!
That is all I have for today.
Ya'll come back ya hear!
Later,
Erik











11 Comments:
HI Erik,
We watch the food channel all the time - Rachel Ray is one of our favorites - did you hear she is starting a talk show? And Paula - well the things she makes look out of this world but not good for my diet. :) But I love her kitchen too. And it's a nice touch to have the dogs wandering around during the show.
It's great that you sold all that stuff - hope you are able to sell the game cube at a decent price.
Well, it's your birthday and anniversary week - God bless the year ahead my friend, for you and for your family.
Take care and God bless you.
Sue
I agree with you. Pro sports players are spoiled and cocky. I believe we have our priorities a bit out of whack.
Things are really messed up whenthe guys playing ball get the big bucks and the people fighting for our country and sometimes dying for the cause get the littlle pay check, maybe would should do something about that, send the pro athletes to Iraq?
Have a good and safe day
Barb
I'm a Rachel Ray freak - but Joel doesn't complain much as he reaps most of the benefits of my obsession. :) I just don't know how you can watch those shows and not want to cook! Or maybe that's just me.....
As for the athlete's - like it's anything new. They've been getting away with everything INCLUDING murder, drug use, sexual assault, battery, and (soon I'm sure)LoveBoat cruises for as long as I can remember. They're cocky, spoiled, and yet they regarded as heros. Kinda weird. Though I love football and hockey (Go Wild!!!) as much as the next person, I agree with Katy and Barb...something's got to change. So could you take care of that too Erik? Thanks! :)
Happy bday/anniversary week! I'm sure you're looking forward to celebrating both w. your family. Hope to see you all at Christmas this year! Miss you much.
Jessi
I'm laughing about the golfing/driving contest reminds me of that scene from "The Sweetest Thing"...if you haven't seen it you MUST when you get home.
Erik, looks like Katy has layed the responsibility of SPF Theme on you. What a big responsibility. LOL. Don't be too hard on us.
Hope all is well with you. since you ahve not posted today.
HEY WHERE IS THE NEW POST!? Do you have something better to do? Oh the tragedy, how will I make it through my day?
Ryan
We love Food network- Hubby loves RACHEL... it's - shhhh Rachel is on...lol Glad you sold your stuff - someone else will be so glad to have it!
Payla Dean started out in my home town...she is really a nice lady in person as well, just as down home as they come. Her restaurant still is one long waiting line every day, she's here a lot, but not like she used to be, so, The Lady & Sons is not one of my favorites to go to anymore...unless Paula's in town!
Excellent, love it! mature retro Discount stop watches anti+depressant+herb Pantyhose and foot fetish
Very nice site! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home