Sunday Stew!


Good Morning to everyone back in the States!
This was taken last night after the Gophers 1st touchdown by our new officemate, LTC Mercier! Good things! 42-21 Gophers!
I tend to have plenty of things on my mind towards the latter part of the day, and I always think that I should blog it, and then the next morning I think, well, that is too heavy for how I want to think that day, so I don't.
But I still do have some major opinions on certain issues. So I will let loose!
I have a question, as in the office and I guess in the media back in the states there is a controversy about Creationism vs. Evolution! Evidently, I being the christian I am, did not know ANYTHING about the 10,000 year theory meaning that according to christian thoelogy in some religions the world is only 10,000 years old! OK, well, we have 1 person in our office who believes that to a hilt, and I just do not! I mean, how do you account for PREhistoric life, ie. dinasours, plants, "cavemen", etc.? I mean you are overlooking SCIENTIFIC PROOF, rather than a belief that someone has taked you into. OK, I will get a bit of controversy myself here, as most use the BIBLE as their guide, THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIGHT! Keep in mind though that where in the bible does it talk about dinasours? It talks about a Leviathin, which could be ANYTHING from a lion, bear, wolf, alligator, etc. Also, historically the bible takes history from a small section of the world, and that world be the current mid eastern area. Iraq, Isreal, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. This all DOES NOT mean I don't trust the bible, as I believe it to be a pretty safe bet, however, it takes a look at a snapshot in time! In my opinion, not the whole album of time, bet yes, a snapshot! I belive the Big Bang Theory, and I also believe god was a part of THAT! Not just the creation of HUMAN LIFE on earth. Why does GOD only care about earthlings, and how did the other planets get to be. Not that we sit around thinking about this everyday, but it was pretty heated, and I don't get bent out of shape about it! Other people do though. Also, I DO NOT believe that religion should be even MENTIONED in schools. I believe that you should say the pledge of allegiance, and the RIGHT way with UNDER GOD in it. That is what our country was based off in the beginning, and if we don't change our Constitution, then don't change our values. But to even approach ANY religious history in schools is INSANE. There are SO MANY beliefs, that whos would we choose to teach, and why is that right? That is why if you want to teach your kids religious values and beliefs, DO IT AT HOME, CHURCH, OR AT A PRIVATE SCHOOL!! That's all!
OK, that is all the heaviness I want to get into today! I am going up to th palace to do my Timberwolves video that will be played at the game on Tues. vs. Kobe and The Lakers!
My family is invited, and I thank the Twolves for the opportunity! I will bring my camera, and update the pics right after I am done, or not!
Have a great Sunday,
Later,
Erik











8 Comments:
I don't know if you'll be reading this comment below all the spam ones...but in case you do, here it is..
You are doing a great job. Though I'm from India and have nothing to do with Iraq or the United States, I feel really proud of the work your doing.
All the best and do keep writing regularly.
http://www.drdino.com/downloads.php
Interesting, informative and although I wouldn't say it's the be-all, end-all, it does have some good points!!! Articles, downloadable seminars and such.
Meritt,
I did go to that link, and I would like to say it made some good points, but all it made me want to do was NOT believe those creation theories. but I am sure if I purchased some of the items, I would see the light. No, I don't think I would.
But, thanks for the link as we are now having more discussion about it.
And Sarit,
Yes, I thank you for your comments and support. Please keep coming back!
Amen on the "under God" thing! Lets not alter an important part of our history to make everyone happy.
And you know I'm not a Bible-banger, but I just think that history happened and we can't ignore/ change it to be politically correct.
10,000 years?? Who is he kidding? Whatever, you know this poast week on one Law & Order Brainard, MI was mentioned... of course, it was only noted because a weapon was shipped through there.... of course I should also tell you that the wepon was used to kill some kiddos.....of course, by kiddos - I should say that it was only minority children that were killed.... oh, and the people doing the killing... skin heads or something...
Anyway - Brainard said it all for me!
Oh, and on your blog.... I agree with ya' for the most part! But ya' know what?? For the most part... I don't care what might be mentioned in school... I actually talk to my kids so they know what their parents beliefs are and why others have some different beliefs. But you know me (I am always right and my kids know it- not so much)!
Also, my science teacher in high school put it best.... "science and religion can both be right... God's hand did the guiding of the atoms."
Then there was one of my college religion professors...."parts of the bible are written as a story or an analogy... some portions are used to make points, and are not necessarily factual, minute-by-minute accounts".
I digress.
I actually think the under god was added at a later time.....not for sure..
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
Post a Comment
<< Home