Saturday, November 05, 2005

This is the way we clean our weapon!



Finally cleaned my weapon the RIGHT way this morning, as I usually run it under hot water, and YES, all you military personnel, I know that you are not suppose to do it, but I DO, so there!
Anyways I took a picture of it, the other reason I cleaned it was because it gave me an excuse to sit on the porch in the sun just like they do down south! Good times!!
So Curt and I had a HUGE yelling match this morning and it was probably my fault I do admit, as I came to the office and started in on something, and he didn't realy deserve it, well, kind of, but either way it is fine of course because we have known each other for awhile, and those things just happen!

OK, I know I have somewhat gone over my plans to start a foundation for military families, and will a little bit more today as I have kind of both streamlined and expanded my ideas to support DEPLOYED SERVICEMEMBERS and their families .
1st off, I will mainly try to affect National Guard and Reserve families, and for this reason. My main focus will be to assist families in LIVING maintenence and expenses while the member is deployed. Like I have stated before, if the family was in a pinch financially, and the servicemember was deployed, like their AC was broken, or garage door, or something they woul be in a bind, call up the foundation, put a quick application in, and it would be either fixed or replaced, for free, because sometimes it just needs to be that way. No questions asked, if you are eligible, and it is deemed by your application that you need it, then that is what it's for!
So, the main asset of the foundation would be $$!! Of course if the Rheem team donated AC's like 100 of them, we would then put that out if needed to people that didn't have it!
Of course, if you live on an Active Duty post, like Katy and Clint you have base maintenence to take care of those things for you, so you would not be eligible. If you are an AD family and you live OFF post than you would be!
EVERY FAMILY that has a pinch during the winter with heating costs , and other bills, ie.Groceries, Gas! Will be able to apply for aid. And with aid I mean if you need food, we will assist you with a Grocery Store gift certificate, NOT FOOD! If you need fuel Gas Station GC!
You can see this would help a lot of people, as these are things that have been talked about that families might need. There are a lot of families that lose $, and also time, jobs, relationships, etc.
The goal will be to aid those that have LESS because the family member is deployed. Dependants do not have time or energy being shorthanded to worry about the small stuff.
I want to help those people if they need it!

OK, hopefully shortly after I get back, I will be able to mold this into a more concrete structure, but for now, I will keep it marinating!

Gophers, for some reason, are on TV again here, vs. Indiana, so they SHOULD win, but it will be the 4th game this year they have been on AFN so that is good for me!
Have a GREAT Saturday!
Later,
Erik

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very instructive blog. Keep it going. I can advise you to go on this website if you're looking for scommesse calcio . Not only scommesse calcio

November 05, 2005 3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcast Services Help Users Connect With New Content
As podcasts morph from the latest craze into a permanent presence in cyberspace, services are ... If you can't find a show you like, you can, fairly easily, create your own show," said Elisabeth Lewin, publisher of PodcastingNews.com , which offers tutorials on how to use services like Blogger or Feedburner to create and host podcasts.
Just like so many Americans my friend loves the clubs and pop r & b lyrics so he went ahead and built an awesome website about pop r & b lyrics. When he's in high spirit he goes to the site and start reciting all his favorite pop r & b lyrics. Says it's good for the heart. Guess what? I gave it a shot and it works great!

November 05, 2005 3:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Excellent ideas Erik. I hope that you can get it off the ground and going. There are so many out there that need this kind of help. You can sure count me in to help any way I can.

Looks like the outside might be enjoyable for you today. STay safe and take care.

November 05, 2005 5:09 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Erik,
Glad to see you are doing things according to "regulation" and the sunshine looks wonderful.
Your foundation ideas sound absolutely terrific - I just know that you can be successful in starting it up - praying that you get many many people to help and wishing that Ron and I lived a little closer so that we could help you set it up.
God bless you.

November 05, 2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I hope this is ok to add another note - cause it has to do with EMILY'S note to you yesterday about meeting the lady for coffee who went to Buffalo to meet the administrator of MMs. Just wanted to say Emily that Barb is one of my dearest friends and she told me all about the Missy story - and that she had coffee with you. What a small world this is - see how great your website is Erik? Besides doing such great posts, you connect us too. Thanks for everything you do - over and above the greatest thing of all - serving our nation.

November 05, 2005 6:33 AM  
Blogger barb pfister said...

Great idea Erik. I know a lot of people who will be able to use that. I know you will be able to make this work. Getting ready to go see the daughter coming back from her deployment, will visit you later.

Have a good and safe day
Barb

November 05, 2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Great idea on the foundation...I think that would help families more than I would ever realize. There are times when it seems that everything falls apart all at once. I hope it works.

November 05, 2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Great idea on the foundation...I think that would help families more than I would ever realize. There are times when it seems that everything falls apart all at once. I hope it works.

November 05, 2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

You idea for the foundation sounds great. I'm so glad you posted some more on it. As a non-military person with no military knowledge it's interesting to see the various living situations (i.e. you and Mis obviously live in a very different environ. that Katy and Clint) as well.

November 06, 2005 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. run flat tire bridgestone tadalafil bialis from india http://www.wheel-and-tire-packages.info/rotating-radial-tires.html car covers for 1972 olds cutlass http://www.incorporation-services-5.info/Car-sports-seat-covers.html Buslink personal mp3 players Teen answering machine ideas Allergy symptom cause camping suisse rayman ppc Proactiv acne alternative Ferrari f40 picture recreational ritalin sex What is oxycontin prescribed for how to obtain oxycontin legally cooking schools in boston

February 06, 2007 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shoes 468x60 Banner 10000017 Banner GNC 468x60 drugstore.com logo 468 x 60 HJ Great Value 468x60 DI TR Summer2005 468x60 May 468x60 ID=079 Banner 10000023 tees_468x60 Clearance_022805_1 Banner 468C