Tribute to Heroes!(Bootlicking Pt.2)



Since Iraq is full of heroes, some real, and some self proclaimed, I figure I would tributize my favorite part of being part of the 18th ABN Corps Surgeon Cell!! The monthly Medical Sync Conferences! Yes, of course I will miss the bootlicking, and the fun and frolicking!
Ah the memories! Let me share some with you in pictures! I know they are blurry! Sorry!
First was my Keynote Speech on how to bootlick. I learned from some great ones! Yes, some of the all time great bootlickers are right here at Camp Victory! Everyone can use improvement, so my class was a refresher to most. My first topic was to look at somebody in the face and fake smile. Of course, you will have to nod your head up and down ever so slightly as to agree with everything being said to the person talking. That is just normal converation bootlicking. My second subject was for how to work with a bootlicker. You have to be very careful on who you work with. But in order to be a bootlicker, you have to apply the same conversation skills listed above, PLUS say for instance your boss has an idea. Well, you have to act like it was the BEST idea ever, and almost act like you are amazed you are in their presence. It's a basic skill, but one that is VERY important. My 3rd subject was how to serve in a combat zone with a bootlicker. This is near and dear to my heart. VERY simple task to be a bootlicker and serve with one!
All you have to do it put tons of lubrication on and pray for your tour to end!
Well, as you may have guessed, I really was NOT the keynote speaker at the conference. I only played one in my mind!
I mean, it is Friday, and Katy has become a quitter at SPF, and yes, maybe if I cared that much about it I would take charge of that one, but I won't! There have been some good times with SPF Fridays, and it was a nice run! We laughed, we cried, we yelled(actually Curt yelled)!
We bootlicked, and caught Rats! We drank N/A Beer, we drank coffee. It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times! Thanks Katy for ruining our favorite day!
Alright, I am being dramatic, and it's gotta end somewhere, but it just sneaks up on you!
Ok, now I am just being stupid!
Well, I have to thank so much, Military Outpost, is a cool Milblog command center! They put me on the role call a few times, and usually I get something like 300 hits more than usual, being that I am a publicity hound I will take ANY attention I can get! I am VERY honored when I get linked by some of these well known Milblog sites! It is flattering!
Have a great day!
Later,
Erik











6 Comments:
I can see someone was having a special day!!!! Very funny and good advice for all.
Have a good and safe day
Barb
lol, I needed a good chuckle. Thanks Erik!
:)
I would like to thank all the little people who made Self Portarit Friday so great. I would like to thank my mom and dad for making me so damn good looking and intelligent....bwahahahahaha.....Don't worry bloglicker (heehee)I have a new game in the works. It is kind of like rearranging furniture. You just feel like things look better.
Bootlicking 101 - the refresher course - yes all military personnel need to attend that session at least once every 6 months...
Have a great day -not much longer and you can look at all that in the rear-view mirror - can't wait for that day to come for you!
Erik,
Well your picture looks like you really were seriously giving a lesson about something and your advice sounds authentic. I got here late today - hope your day was a good one...but more than that, a safe one.
Prayers for you my friend.
Whoa! I just saw that picture below with you and the hot chicks!
Anyhoo, happy Friday and aren't you on your way home yet? Maybe you ARE HOME and just pretending to still be in Iraq? Hmmmm....
Post a Comment
<< Home